$36.37 - $44.37 Hourly
$2,909.60 - $3,549.60 Biweekly
Deadline to Apply: Friday, May 14, 2021, by 5pm
*This is a “Limited Term Position” based on the term of the contract.
Under immediate supervision and direction, incumbent monitors and performs water distribution and wastewater treatment plant processes including a variety of skilled tasks such as making repairs and adjustments to wastewater facilities and water distribution machinery and equipment, collecting and preparing samples for laboratory testing, maintaining records, logs and reports.
The Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator IV is responsible for the operation of assigned facilities and resolution of the majority of routine operational problems. Assignments in this position may vary but usually include one large or several smaller plants on a regular basis. These are the advanced journey level technical class in the Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator series which provides training and direction to Water and Wastewater personnel and performs the most complex operations and maintenance activities as allowed by their certification.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
Requirements for Employment:
- Operates several treatment facilities with varying processes including sequencing batch reactor, sand filtration, activated sludge, aerobic and anaerobic digestion, and water reclamation.
- Operates and services, lubricates, and adjusts and/or cleans pumps, plunger pump, D.O. probe, comminuting devices, sulfide oxidation process (SOP) systems, generators, pumps, digesters, boilers, oxidation ponds, biofiltration facilities, percolation beds, and activated sludge processes.
- Performs checks on pumps, motors, hydraulic lines, structures, pressure tanks and mechanical equipment for proper condition and operation; takes meter, gauge and control panel readings and observes variations in operating conditions; interprets information to determine processing requirements; monitors and changes flows and processes within established parameters; reports readings and processing changes on operation logs and records.
- Collects and performs routine biological and chemical tests/analyses (COD, settleable solids, C12 residuals, PH, DO, MLSS) on lake/well/wastewater and by-product samples; records sampling and test results; prepares samples for testing in central laboratory; monitors use of reclaimed water in agricultural fields.
- Operates trucks, small tractors, front-end loader and other equipment in the maintenance of facilities and pump station grounds; performs routine maintenance and repair of facilities structures and grounds.
- Prepares maintenance requests and reports; assists in development and implementation of safety and operational procedure improvements.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Any equivalent combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typical examples of the required experience and licenses, include:
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience as a Water/Wastewater Treatment Operator.
- Equivalent to a high school diploma.
For a full job description please visit our website https://www.vrsd.com/careers How to Apply:
- Possession of a Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by the California State Water Resource Control Board (SWRCB) or equivalent certification issued by a reciprocal state to California.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver's license, and a driving record acceptable for insurability.
- Possession of water certification from the California Department of Health Services is desirable.
- Depending on assignment, a valid Class B driver's license may be required.
To be considered, submit an application and resume through https://agency.governmentjobs.com/vrsd/default.cfm
If you have any questions, contact Mayra Rodriguez at (805) 658-4638, email@example.com
or Melissa Macias at (805) 658-4645, firstname.lastname@example.org