This position leads, trains, oversees, and participates in the more complex and difficult work of a crew responsible for providing water utilities maintenance, repair, and construction services; sets priorities and directs the work of assigned staff on a project or day-to-day basis; performs routine to complex maintenance and repair work of potable water distribution main and lateral pipeline systems; skillfully operates heavy equipment; performs a variety of technical tasks; and provides technical, specialized assistance to the Water Utilities Distribution Supervisor. Minimum Requirements/License or Certificates Required Experience:
Four years of experience in the installation, construction, and maintenance of water distribution system pipelines, valves, and appurtenances. Education/Training:
Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade supplemented by a minimum of 6 months of specialized training in water technology and/or public works construction and maintenance. Licenses and Certifications:
- A valid class A driver's license with a Tanker endorsement.
- Possess and maintain a D3 Water Distribution Operator Certificate issued by the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB).
- Ability to pass SCBA Fitness Testing and the certification process.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Asbestos Handling Certificate within 12 months.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Confined Space Certificate within 12 months.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Traffic Control Certificate within 12 months.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Trench Shoring Certificate within 12 months.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Fork Lift Certificate within 12 months.
$53,612 to $65,165 Annually Closing Date:
May 5, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/poway/jobs/2414428/water-utilities-crew-leader