The Tucson Water Department is seeking experienced operators to be part of the Water Quality & Operations Division. This section is responsible for the central control operations of the potable and reclaimed water distribution systems.
Operates, monitors, and controls water treatment facilities, distribution systems, and related equipment. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure appropriate water supply, quality and pressure, and to maintain the integrity of the water system.
The essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) the operations staff monitors and controls treatment plants, recharge facilities, and distribution systems by operating systems remotely from the Central Control Room, making repair and operation decisions, responding to alarms and emergencies, performing facility checks for any unusual operations, monitoring and conducting, and controlling equipment associated with production, distribution, potable and non-potable water systems by dispatching maintenance personnel.
- Monitors and operates various facilities by reading and adjusting levels, calculating flows and chemical dosage, opening and closing gates and valves, operating and controlling pumps, recording meter readings and analyzing and adjusting plant flow requirements.
- Schedules and tracks personnel, generates reports, extracts data from reports, stores and archives data, creates hard copies of data, handles customer complaints and maintains electronic logs.
- Collects and analyzes data by collecting samples for analysis, reading meters and monitors, writing forms, performing lab analyses on samples for various parameters, determining when or if process changes are necessary and calibrating lab instruments and chemical pumps. Performs maintenance functions at plants and well sites.
- Coordinates activities with appropriate agencies during emergencies affecting the water system such as fires or power outages.
- Receives customer telephone calls regarding water system problems, water quality concerns and responds with appropriate action. Prepares written reports and responds to claims.
Minimum Education Level & Type: 6 months post High School Minimum Experience Qualifications:
At least 2 years operating water treatment facilities and distribution systems
Valid and Unrestricted D - Driver's License Required at the time of application:
Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Water Treatment Grade 2 Certification or equivalent state certification
Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Water Distribution Grade 2 Certification or equivalent state certification Special Job Requirements
Required within 12 months of hire:
ADEQ Grade 3 certification in Water Treatment
ADEQ Grade 3 certification in Water Distribution Hiring Salary:
$21.72 per hour Close Date:
Feb. 29, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://jobapscloud.com/tucson