Bureau of Water Resource Information
Job Summary: This is professional work supervising and coordinating data management, reporting and quality assurance functions for the water quality monitoring program within the Bureau of Water Resource Information.
Job duties include:
- Supervises data quality assurance specialists; reviews and implements improved work processes, assesses performance, develops performance objectives, hires and trains subordinate staff.
- Assists in the design, evaluation, and management of water quality networks.
- Prepares and reviews technical publications; enhances and oversees development of the annual Status and Trends report.
- Develops and documents advanced quality assurance techniques to be employed in data review. Coordinates with staff from other agencies regarding quality assurance topics.
- Performs advanced analysis of water quality monitoring activities. Utilizes statistical methods for the detection of trends in District datasets.
- Trains Water Resource Information staff in the use of district web tools; responds to and manages staff response to external data requests and requests for help with external web tools.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the natural, biological, physical or engineering sciences and five years of experience in water resource management, two of which must include management of complex projects.
Professional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Additional Details: Base Salary:
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, paid leave and holidays, professional development and wellness program.
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Palatka Closing Date:
April 16, 2021