The City of Milwaukie's Public Works Department is seeking an energetic and qualified candidate with a deep knowledge and interest in water quality to fill this position. Summary:
Performs a variety of work related to monitoring the water quality, quantity conservation program within the Water Division for the City. Also performs a wide variety of technical water quality/quantity functions. Work is performed in a manner consistent with public health standards and which ensures quality of water is compliant with all applicable, State, Federal and local laws and ordinances. This position is distinct from the Utility Technician I and II in the complexity of problems encountered, the reporting responsibility with outside agencies, and the Lead Utility Technician responsibilities. This position has program responsibility for the water treatment and telemetry programs for the City and is the direct responsible charge for water treatment. This position has on-call responsibilities. This position does not have full supervisory authority over other staff; however, it may provide lead direction to a Utility Technician or any other personnel engaged in water quality and water production tasks. Required Education, Training and Experience
(Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of this position. Prior work experience and educational requirements listed are typical ways of obtaining the required qualifications. Other equivalent combinations of education, training and experience will be considered.)
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year of college level coursework in biology, chemistry or related filed. Bachelor of Science in biology, chemistry or related field desirable.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in water quality activities.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Oregon State Driver's License.
- Must possess at time of hire Water Treatment I, and Water Distribution III, and obtain Cross Connection Specialist certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Must obtain OSHA Confined Space and Competent Person Certification, and Traffic control certification within six (6) months of hire.
$54,745.60 to $69,867.20 Annually Close Date:
Jan. 21, 2019, 10:00 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://www.milwaukieoregon.gov/humanresources/job-opportunities