The Instrument Technician (IT) provides service to water and wastewater control systems for nine reservoirs, two filter plants, one wastewater plant, three finished water reservoirs, and 100's of miles of transmission, distribution, and lift stations; serving a community of over 105,000. Position is responsible for installation, calibration, maintenance, and repair of electrical/electronic and pneumatic equipment, instruments, computer system and related controls. IT's maintain and troubleshoot complex technical systems that could be located near/in high voltage and/or potentially hazardous processes and equipment. The position also fabricates and installs electrical and instrumentation systems including but not limited to control of chemical feed pumps, electronic valves, automatic level controls, control panels, remote control alarms, conduit, wiring, load centers, transfer switches and AC drives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Associates degree in Electronics or other applicable technical skills;
- ISA Level II Certified Control System Technician;
- Reside within 15 miles of Greeley City limits desired;
- Five (5) years experience with electrical/electronic instrumentation control systems desired or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in electrical systems;
- Experience in remote read control and the communication systems;
- Knowledge of GE Proficy Ifix 5.8 software, controllers, Moscad radio systems;
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, NFPA, Instrument Society of America standards, and Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering standards;
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record;
- WTP and WWTP maintenance experience desired;
- Master Electrician Certification desired.
$31.42 to $37.71 Hourly Close Date:
Nov. 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/greeley/jobs/2886701/water-instrument-technician