SALARY: $83,522 - $142,123 Annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Certifications:
- May serve as the Chief Water Distribution Operator for the water distribution system(s) per California State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) definition.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the water distribution system, including main lines, valves, service lines and hydrants.
- Coordinates and administers the functions of customer service, billing and collections, community relations, office operations, and meter programs in the Customer Service Area.
- Supervises customer service business office and related activities involving calls for service request, turn-ons and turn-offs; billing, credit and collections; and field investigations.
- Coordinates service shut downs; notifies customers of water outages and work to be performed.
- Develops and maintains an effective employee relations plan; supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel.
- Ensures all water distribution facilities, and operations and maintenance programs, comply with applicable Federal, State and local ordinances and regulations.
- Develops and oversees compliance with Operations & Maintenance and Blanket Capital budgets for area of control.
- Participates in capital budget, general rate case and long-term planning.
- Ensures the safety of all operations. Conducts safety meetings, inspections and provides documentation related to all safety issues.
- Communicates both orally and written, with local government officials, company management and staff, customers, CPUC, and others.
- Acts for the General Manager as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under direction.
Qualities / Core Competencies:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- SWRCB Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator Certification OR must obtain applicable SWRCB certification within 18 months if designated as chief operator.
- SWRCB Grade 1 Water Treatment Plant Operator Certification.
- Valid California driver’s license. Required Experience
- Five (5) years of progressive water industry experience, of which three (3) years includes significant, advanced experience in water distribution and customer service activities.
- Three (3) years prior water distribution leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to support complex projects.
- Must possess demonstrated writing skills.
- Familiar with basic PC applications.
- Demonstrates a strong level of accountability and ownership.
- Executes with discipline and urgency.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
May include but not limited to standing, climbing, walking, lifting, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching, sitting, typing, walking, reading, writing, color determination, speaking and listening for extended periods of time. TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.GSWATER.COM AND CLICK ON JOB OPPORTUNITIES.