Join the County of Sonoma Water Agency (Sonoma Water) as a Water Agency Electrical Engineer!
Sonoma Water is currently recruiting to fill a position at either the II or III level, depending upon qualifications. If you are interested in applying at the III level of this opportunity, you must submit a separate application to the recruitment currently being conducted for that level.
Requirement: To be considered as qualified for this position, possession of a valid certificate as an Engineer-in-Training issued by the State of California Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors is required at time of application submission.
Level II: By joining Sonoma Water as an Electrical Engineer II, you will be a part of the Engineering Division and will report to a Water Agency Principal Engineer. In this role, you will work closely with Senior Engineers and will support capital projects in planning, design, and construction. You will also support Operations and Maintenance in maintaining documentation of technical systems. Additional responsibilities include:
- Documenting electrical systems
- Preparing and revising electrical plans, schematics, schedules, details, and specifications
- Performing electrical load calculations
- Modeling and simulating electrical control circuits
- Supporting submittal reviews
- Preparing PG&E applications and coordinating service changes
- Participating in design review at project milestones
At Sonoma Water, the Water Agency Electrical Engineer III will primarily work with the Engineering, Operation and Maintenance, and Administrative divisions. They will manage technically complex projects, and coordinate with internal Sonoma Water project stakeholders regarding project objectives, scoping, and scheduling. Additionally, they prepare and review contracts, review project design documents, and support Sonoma Water's strategic plan objectives. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with consulting engineers regarding design
- Facilitating technical design review at project milestones with non-technical stakeholders
- Providing design review for compliance with Sonoma Water project requirements, Sonoma Water standards, and applicable codes and standards
- Performing submittal review of manufacturer shop drawings and equipment data
- Supporting Requests for Information (RFI) development
*Salary is negotiable within the established range and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org
or call 707-565-2331. The County of Sonoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. Apply Now