California Water Service (Cal Water) invites you to pursue a career with the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third-largest publicly traded water utility in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company was named one of the Bay Area Top Workplaces several years in a row. Cal Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services.
Cal Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Utility Worker/Relief Certified Pump Operator works without supervision to perform field operations and handle customer service requirements in the Bayshore District. The position is located in San Mateo, California.
• General maintenance of pump stations and main repairs.
• Clean and/or change meters, replace boxes and covers.
• Operate system valves, notify customers for shutdowns, flush mains, and collect water samples.
• Operate well and booster pumps.
• Operate water treatment and purification equipment.
• Collect water samples.
• Periodic operation and inspection of auxiliary engines.
• Complete necessary paperwork.
• Other duties as assigned.
• State Water Resources Control Board Water Distribution Grade II Certification required.
• State Water Resources Control Board Water Treatment Grade II Certification required.
• Must be available for call outs, evenings, holidays & weekends.
• Must live within 45 minutes of the Bayshore district office.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
Deadline to submit resume is Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.