Salary: $58,240.00 - $79,560.00 Annually
Close Date: Open until filled
Utility Workers are responsible for installation, repair and maintenance of water and sewer systems and related components. Duties may include: working alone or as a member of a crew in installing and repairing water services and fire services; maintaining mains and valves; installing and repairing sewer mains and laterals; performing maintenance of manholes, mains and laterals; maintaining and repairing recycled water pipelines; performing wet taps on mains under pressure; performing basic maintenance of pump stations, reservoirs, valves, sewer trunk lines, force main, lift stations and influent pump station; operating equipment as assigned including the closed circuit television truck and vactor truck; responding to and performing emergency repairs for water and sewer problems; removing and replacing concrete and asphalt; constructing walls and fences; performing general yard cleanup; and, repairing damages resulting from vandalism. Incumbents in this class may be required to receive and respond to after-hour calls.
- General heavy construction or underground utility construction;
- Safety precautions;
- General understanding of water or wastewater utilities infrastructure.
Training and Experience:
- Performing construction and maintenance activities;
- Reading blueprints;
- Using hand and power tools;
- Operating equipment as assigned;
- Basic computer usage;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) and one year experience in basic construction, preferably underground construction; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Incumbents must be insurable and pass a background check. Licensing Requirements(position requirements at entry, depending on job assignment):
- Valid California Driver's License; Class "A" required within one year of hire. Class A must be maintained through employment.
- At least a minimum of one of the following licenses or certificates:
- Water Distribution Operator Grade 1 certificate from the State Water Resources Control Board within one year (or two test cycles) of hire. Grade 2 is preferable.
- CWEA (California Water Environment Association) Collection System Maintenance Grade 1 certificate required within one year (or two test cycles) of hire; Grade 2 is preferable.
- Grade D2 and/or C2 are required to move into higher Utility Worker grade levels.
This position is open until filled. We will take a first look at applications at the end of August and schedule the first round of testing the second week of September.
To apply, please visit our website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/padredam