The City of Ormond Beach, Florida (population 40,000) is looking to welcome our newest Utilities Engineer! Why work here? Besides being paid to work with a great group of people in a beautiful beach town, we pay 100% of employee monthly premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long term disability insurance (you can purchase coverage for dependents). With our medical insurance, you have free access to over 70 gyms! We have 10 paid holidays, and you will accrue 144 hours (3.6 weeks) of paid time off each year (plus more after 5 years!). To top it all off, the City contributes 6% of your salary annually into a 401(a) retirement account (above and beyond your annual salary). If you are qualified, we invite you to apply today!
Professional civil engineering position responsible for the planning, budgeting, design and construction of utility projects involving potable water, wastewater, and reclaimed water. Work requires a high level of independent judgment and initiative, and is performed under the general direction of the Utilities Manager. Qualifications Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field, supplemented by at least five (5) years of previous experience and/or training that includes utility operations, design and construction experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver's license.
- Registration by the State of Florida as a Licensed Professional Engineer or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations that affect the water, wastewater and reclaimed water utilities.
- Ability to work with operations staff to develop solutions for resolving issues that affect compliance with the regulatory agencies.
- Ability to utilize a variety of advisory data and information, such as engineering manuals and land development codes.
$56,738 to $75,000 Annually Close Date:
May 19, 2019, 5:00 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ormondbeach/jobs/2403370/utilities-engineer