PAY RANGE: $6,084 to $7,415 Monthly
Close Date: Friday, February 7, 2020
Under general supervision, performs treatment plant and pump station operator duties on a regular basis. Also performs distribution maintenance work of varying difficulty, including unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work, on-call duty and standby duty on a rotational basis and other work as required.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities are:
Education and experience required to obtain the licenses specified below.
Examples of Duties
- Possession of a valid Class C California State driver’s license.
- Must obtain a valid Class B California State driver’s license within six months of employment.
- Possession of a valid Grade 2 Water Treatment Certificate issued by the State of California.
- Possession of a valid Grade 2 Water Distribution Certificate issued by the State of California.
- Completes various routine inspection and monitoring tasks; inspects wells and storage tanks; takes water samples; records well levels, tank pressure and other readings; flushes and disinfects unused wells; exercises values to ensure proper functioning; inspects pumps to ensure proper drawing of water; bleeds stagnant water from main lines.
- Completes or prepares service reports, meter reports, well reports; answers inquiries from the public; attends training, conferences and meetings; responds to emergency and after-hour calls as needed.
- Performs weekday, weekend and holiday treatment plant and pump station monitoring, inspection and operating duties on a regular, rotational basis on weekdays, weekends and holidays. Such duties include recording and interpreting data from flow meters, strip chart recorders, data loggers and the like; calculates dosages and meters chemicals to be injected into the process, insures chemical pumps and lines are working correctly, conducts analytical tests to document and check chemical dosages, adjusts dosages to optimize efficiency, filter backwashing and clarifier operation, enters data into the computer for reporting purposes, enter actions into plant log book.
- Performs a variety of repair and maintenance tasks; repairs and maintains meters and meter boxes, water tanks, mains, services and hydrants; maintains grounds; assists in performing preventative maintenance and repair work on pumping and treatment station equipment such as cleaning pumps, adjusting and replacing packing, greasing pumps, and assisting in pump and motor overhauls and other work required.
- Reads water meters; responds to customer service requests and complaints; and does other work as required.
- Responds to emergency and after-hour calls as needed.
Job Description and Employment Application may be found on our website www.coastsidewater.org
(Employment Opportunities) or by calling (650) 726-4405.
To apply, submit an application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or mail to Coastside County Water District, 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Applications must be received by Friday February 7, 2020
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019