Office of Information Technology
This is professional work supporting an enterprise-wide computing environment supporting 500 employees spread across 10 offices, from NE Florida to Central Florida. We are a VMware shop with 4 ESXI DataCenters in Jacksonville, PalmBay, Orlando and Palatka with 6 Clusters, 20 Hosts and 160 + VMs.
The applicant will be working closely with the Service Desk to develop an SCCM strategy to support packaging of applications and maintain Golden Image Operating Systems.
The applicant will also be responsible for responding to and resolving Tier 3 support tickets and additional projects as time allows.
Job duties may include:
- Maintains documentation of all servers, services and systems software.
- Installs, implements and maintains system software/services on the District’s VM infrastructure.
- Respond and resolve tickets escalated to Tier 3 support.
- Utilize scripting to automate redundant tasks.
- Build applications for use in SCCM.
- Build and maintain Golden Image O/S for use in SCCM.
- Configures protocols, protocol bindings and server services; configures disks, disk arrays and printer queues.
- Develops and manages policies and profiles for local and remote users; administer remote serves from various types of remote control/access systems.
- Determines the effect of installing system software updates on existing application software and determines correct procedure.
- Assists users in the use of computer software and equipment.
- Monitors performance of processors, memory, disks and networks.
- Maintains operating system upgrades, patches, and drivers based on manufacturer's revision level recommendations.
- Develops procedures for troubleshooting malfunctions in existing system.
- Develops test data for systems tests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Microsoft Windows Operating Systems server software; VMware ESX software; SRM; Horizon; Citrix; SCCM Server--Image and Software Packaging, desktop, and laptop hardware; Microsoft Active Directory; Web architectures--servers and applications; NOS protocols; Group Policy; O365 Cloud Skilled In:
Systems administration, server troubleshooting, hardware/software evaluation, project management, documentation, ITIL practices, administrating an O365 hybrid environment The Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Experience working in a 500+ organization with multiple satellite offices
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience with VMware related technologies (vSphere 6.5+, vRanger, Horizon, vRealize/Foglight, SRM)
- Experience building, updating and maintaining Windows Server 2016
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with SCCM packaging and building O/S golden images
- Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux, including Windows Server (2008R2, 2016) and macOS
- Experience in an organization that practiced ITIL methodologies
- Experience in systems engineering design, analysis, integration
- Experience administrating a hybrid O365 environment
We are a 500+ employee Agency of the State spread across 10 office locations throughout the Northeast Florida
General office environment
Some travel is required
Weekend and evening work as typically required
40-hour work week Minimum Qualifications:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in one of the computer sciences or management information systems and two years of experience in systems administration, or
Completion of a two year vocational/technical school or community college in computer science or management information systems and four years of experience in systems administration.
Experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Additional Details: Salary:
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid leave and holidays, and professional development.
Your application will receive careful consideration, and if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Maitland, Palatka or Palm Bay Closing Date:
Open until filled