Positions remain open until filled.
Send resumes and cover letter to Kevin Wahl, Superintendent of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re seeking System Operators I/II to join our agile, versatile, dedicated team of water and wastewater professionals serving the eastern Camarillo and Santa Rosa Valley communities. Camrosa has three distribution systems—potable, nonpotable, and recycled water—a sewer collection system, and a water reclamation facility. System Operators have areas of expertise and focus but work on a wide variety of projects across all aspects of the District’s physical infrastructure. No two days are the same at Camrosa, and we encourage dual certification, require independence, and reward initiative.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
Under immediate to general supervision, System Operators:
- Perform semi-skilled and skilled duties in the construction, installation, service, maintenance, and repair of water transmission distribution systems, water leaks, pumping, water treatment, wastewater treatment, chemical control, monitoring, and related facilities and equipment.
- Monitor supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems and make necessary adjustments; use other modern communication equipment.
- Contact and supervise contractors; inspect work of contractors; ensure contract work is performed according to District standards.
- Standby rotation required; other duties as assigned.
Placement within classification and pay scale dependent on experience.
- System Operator I ($20.19 – $36.06 per hour): Possession and maintenance of a valid: Class “C” California Driver’s License; Grade D1 Water Distribution and Grade T1 Water Treatment Operator Certificates.
- System Operator II ($28.85 – $45.67 per hour): Three years’ experience; possession and maintenance of a valid: Class “A” California Driver’s License; Grade D2 Water Distribution and Grade T2 Water Treatment Operator Certificates.
CAMROSA PROVIDES GROUP MAJOR MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION INSURANCE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL EMPLOYEE, AT NO COST TO THE EMPLOYEE, PLUS OPTIONS FOR DEPENDENTS. ADDITIONAL EMPLOYER-PAID BENEFITS INCLUDE LIFE INSURANCE AND SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY. CAMROSA RETIREMENTS PLANS ARE OFFERED UNDER CALPERS.
TO APPLY: Send resumes and cover letter to Kevin Wahl, Superintendent of Operations, at email@example.com. Positions remain open until filled.