California Water Service (Cal Water) invites you to pursue a career with the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third-largest publicly traded water utility in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company was named one of the Bay Area's Top Workplaces several years in a row. Cal Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services.
Cal Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Superintendent has oversight of Chico operations, including capital construction and maintenance activities in the distribution system; supports the District Manager by providing operations updates and critical decisions made; provides relief in the absence of the Operations Manager. This position is located in Chico, CA.
- Supervises staff, including prioritizing and assigning work; may conduct performance reviews, and may oversee the training of staff
- Provides oversight to field operations, including all capital construction and maintenance activities for the distribution system
- Responsible for identifying distribution capital budget projects and ensuring budget guidelines are adhered to
- Responsible for distribution system flushing and District valves exercise maintenance programs; distribution system maintenance; repairs and replacements of mains, services, and valves
- Performs shift operator duties on a daily bases and act as the Shift/Chief operator as needed
- Super vises the day-to-day operations in one or more of the Company’s water systems, including water distribution, production, treatment, maintenance, and construction activities
- Ensures certified distribution operators or treatment operators are properly trained to make decisions that affect water quality and quantity using manual or supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Provides direction for daily water quality and quantity water system operations, maintenance, and after-hours stand-by operator activities
- Provides oversight to the operations and maintenance of well sites, system booster stations, reservoirs, treatment plant, compliance water sampling, and testing
- Provides oversight to system main repairs, service repairs, meter repairs and replacement program, flushing program, valve operation program, and conducts fire flow availability tests
- Responds to all water quality and environmental inquiries and issues; participates in inspections; and interacts with applicable local, state, federal agencies
- Oversees sub-divider installations; meets with contractors; participates and oversees inspections, closings, and mapping
- Oversees new service installations including, domestic, fire, and irrigation services, inspections, and recording
- Schedules and modifies daily operations to meet corporate, Company, and local goals, initiatives, and projects
- Coordinates with, communicates with, and engages outside agencies and officials
- Supports the District Manager by providing operations updates and critical decisions made
- Ensures that the district is functioning efficiently and in line with Company standards, policies, and appropriate regulations and laws
- Coordinates and processes documents and reports necessary for daily operations
- Integrates corporate projects into district operations and various smaller committees and sub-groups
- Oversees, plans, and prepares advanced budgets for rate cases
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Available for on-call duty as required on a periodic basis
- Provides support and assistance to other Districts in the Region
- Provides emergency operations support to other Districts within the Company
- Performs other similar duties as assigned
Deadline to submit resume is Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent relevant water utility experience
- Five years of experience working for a water utility in field operations, customer service, or related department desired
- One year of increasingly responsible experience in a supervisory role desired
- State Water Resources Control Board-Drinking Water–Operator Certification Programs Water Distribution Operator Grade II Certification
- Must obtain California State Water Resources Control Board Water Distribution Operator Grade III within 24 months
- State Water Resources Control Board-Drinking Water–Operator Certification Programs Water Treatment Operator Grade II Certification
- Knowledge of construction, maintenance, and repairs to distribution system
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid California Driver License
- Must live within 45 minutes of the District office
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.