Monthly Salary Range: $10,969.00 – $14,000.00
Please visit our website for instructions on how to apply, employee benefits, and more.
Under general direction, the Strategic Initiative Project Manager may serve as lead on one or more of the following: environmental sustainability projects, water resource planning, and general strategic planning. Analyzes, develops, and implements District initiatives in related areas.
About the Position and Department
This is a salaried, exempt position reporting directly to the General Manager. This position will be part of a dedicated, service-oriented team where collaboration and leadership are promoted at all levels.
Under general supervision, provides support to the General Manager in the following areas:
Other Duties and Requirements
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation of the District’s strategic plan.
- Implements District Board initiatives.
- Implements and monitors the District’s goal of being carbon neutral.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of integrated water resource issues that affect the District, including alternate water sources planning.
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing the District’s environmentally sustainable practices.
- Inputs and tracks the District’s emissions in the Climate Registry reporting system.
- Coordinates future solar and battery planning efforts.
- Plans future carbon mitigation projects.
- Helps advance the District’s One Water approach.
- Oversees and manages the preparation of requests for proposal and agreements for various professional services. Serves as the project manager.
- Conducts special studies involving research and analysis of complex and sensitive information; develops recommendations and alternative solutions.
- Finds new ways to provide value to our customers and coworkers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all District policies throughout employment.
Diablo Water District evaluates candidate qualifications based on an equivalent combination of education and experience. For example, if a candidate does not possess a college degree (applicable to some jobs) but possesses double the number of years required relevant experience, this may satisfy the minimum job requirements. Accordingly, candidates of all education/experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
- Four (4) years of professional planner or project management experience.
- Demonstrates increasing leadership responsibilities in prior roles and/or completion of leadership development training.
- Maintain a valid California Class C Driver License throughout employment. Failure to obtain or maintain such required license(s) may be cause for disciplinary action. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical disability will be considered for accommodation.
- Possession and proof of a driving record free of multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents for two (2) consecutive years.
Typical Physical Activities
- Exposure to the sun: 10% or less work time spent outside a building and exposed to the sun.
- Ability to navigate uneven surfaces, with or without assisting devices.
- Irregular or extended work hours: Occasionally required to change working hours or work overtime.
Diablo Water District supports modern ergonomics and safety protocols in all its daily practices.
- Communicates orally with District staff and the public in face-to-face, one-to-one settings.
- Regularly use a telephone and email for communication.
- Uses office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and FAX machines.
- May occasionally travel by airplane and automobile in conducting District business.
- Work at a desk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds, bend, crouch, and stoop to perform routine office functions.
Diablo Water District is committed to utilizing the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to guide its employment and customer policies and practices.
We know that having a diverse team working in an inclusive and equity-driven environment will help employees succeed and enhance the delivery of the District’s services.
For more information on our DEI Policy, please click here