Salary: $7,462 - $9,073 Monthly
Plus a competitive benefit package
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, to do the complex professional, office and field work in civil engineering; and to do related work as required
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Under direction of Operations Engineer: Does engineering design, computing, data collection, analysis, evaluation, oral and written reporting, drafting, surveying, office and field project management.
2. Performs field engineering; field verifies design conformance of construction; applies surveying theory and practice while performing field measuring, construction staking for structural and earthwork projects; assist with topographic surveys in the field, transfer of digital data and preparation of topographical mapping using compiled data, land and route surveying.
3. Assists in the design of Agency facilities including potable water, recycled water and wastewater facility maintenance and capital improvement projects by preparing plans, profiles and cross-sections, making quantity estimates, horizontal and vertical curve alignment computations and establishing tentative grade lines.
4. Computes earthwork, makes hydrographic and hydrologic studies; designs simple hydraulic structures and portions of systems; oversees inspection procedures during construction of projects.
5. Develops maintenance and data collection procedures for various operational facility components and analyzes data for assessment of related performance and maintenance requirements.
6. Monitors power billings for Agency facilities as a means of investigating potential facility problems. Utilizes computer programs to facilitate pipeline design including developing pipe network systems to predict pipe flow rates and pressures in both steady state and extended period simulations; utilizes computer aided drafting and design.
7. Performs statistical analysis of information by both descriptive and inferential techniques.
8. Performs financial analysis and prepares cost estimates for capital improvements, maintenance projects, and facility operating costs.
9. Responds to customer complaints with regard to water quality, production, and storage related concerns.
10. Assists customers with the acquisition of construction water service and new service installation.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited college (either civil, electrical or mechanical)
Certification(s): Possession of a valid certificate as a result of successfully completing the Nationally Standardized test for E.I.T.
Experience: Any combination of training, experience or education which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed, you can apply online at https://dwa.org/about-us/employment/career-opportunities
Please apply immediately. This position will close without notice once sufficient applications are received.
Final selection will be determined by oral interview, test related to the position, and job related qualifications.