LOCATION: WRP 10
S19: $7,257 - $10,004 Monthly
Plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 day a week. Will be required to work rotating shifts.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to: Wastewater Reclamation Plant Chief Operator
Supervises the following positions: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators I, II, III, IV and Operators in Training.
DEFINITION: Under general direction, performs the most difficult operational and maintenance work at the District’s Grade V rated, 7-day, 24-hour staffed Wastewater Reclamation Plant. Supervises a shift and has supervisory responsibility for the reclamation plant. Performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Certificates:
- Supervises the day to day operation and maintenance of the District’s Wastewater Reclamation plants. Inspects work in progress to assure quality completion and within time and cost constraints. Provides feedback and suggestions for improvement when necessary.
- Schedules operations and maintenance work and insures that materials and equipment are available for operators. Reviews laboratory test results and initiates action to be taken.
- Trains and instructs new employees on operational and safety procedures using established district policy and guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records and reports. Makes oral and written reports of work performed. Inputs data into a computer.
- Provides assistance to the Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor in planning, coordinating and scheduling the overall plant operation.
- Responds to emergency situations, including when off duty.
- Evaluates employees on job performance. Follows established counseling procedures. Documents disciplinary action when necessary.
- Confers daily with Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor on work performed or any potential problems.
- May act as Wastewater Reclamation Plant Supervisor in their absence.
Possession of a Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board as issued through procedures established by the Board. Failure to comply with certification requirements may influence employment or classification. Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required. College coursework in engineering, management or supervision is preferred. Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be to have four years experience in wastewater treatment plant operation with at least one year comparable to that of a Wastewater Reclamation Plant Operator IV in the Coachella Valley Water District.
Please visit www.cvwd.org/175/Job-Descriptions
for the full job description. Apply: http://www.cvwd.org/186/Job-Opportunities
The Coachella Valley Water District reserves the right to change or modify the terms, conditions, and salary of this position, or to withdraw this position at any time.