Sun Valley General Improvement District is now accepting applications for Certified Grade I/II/III Water Distribution Service Technician and/or Entry Level position. Individual will be required to complete a 6-month introductory period in which the employee will be exposed to all aspects of the District’s Field Operations and will be evaluated for advancement to a permanent status and possible advancement.
Position performs operation and maintenance of the water distribution system, wastewater collection system, parks, pool, District facilities, and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, water main and service line installations and repairs, wastewater main and lateral installations and repairs, wastewater main flushing, meter installations, backflow testing, park maintenance, and general buildings and ground maintenance. Work is performed outdoors and in inclement weather. Position requires 24-hour standby/on-call duty on a rotating basis.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NV Driver’s License.
- By the end of the 6-month introductory period, this employee must demonstrate the ability to meet all the requirements and perform all the tasks listed in the Service Tech job description to advance.
- State of Nevada Water Distribution certification preferred or must obtain within 1 year from date of hire as a Service Technician/Entry Level.
- Must be able to obtain a Class B CDL within 1 year.
Salary Range for Service Technician – Entry Level is $44,594 - $60,202.
Salary Range for Service Technician – Certified Grade I is $46,824 - $63,212.
Salary Range for Service Technician – Certified Grade II is $51,623 - $69,691
Salary Range for Service Technician – Certified Grade III is $56,914 - $76,834
Additional Standby/On-call pay of $430.50 per week (when on-call). Initial salary will be DOE and current certifications.
SVGID offers an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, including 100% employer paid PERS and 6% match deferred compensation program.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply at 5000 Sun Valley Blvd., Sun Valley, NV 89433. Sun Valley GID application MUST accompany resume, applications may be downloaded from our website www.svgid.com/employment
Applications accepted until position is filled. Sun Valley General Improvement District is an equal opportunity employer.