Under limited direction, performs highly advanced professional engineering work to: inspect, investigate, document, analyze, develop, and implement recommendations to improve efficiency, reliability, and quality; and ensure the proper construction, operation, and maintenance of Tampa Bay Water’s facilities. Position is responsible for coordination of all activities related to Project Management following Project Management best practices: including project definition, scheduling, financing, permit acquisition, property acquisition, design, and procurement. The position is responsible for procurement and management of outsourced services provided by consultants and suppliers retained by the agency for related engineering services. In the event of absence, vacancy, or as directed, may assume the duties of the Engineering Support Services Group Manager. This position requires registration as a Professional Engineer issued by the State of Florida pursuant to F.S. 471. Must recognize and uphold the Agency’s contractual obligations to our member governments, regulators, consultants, suppliers, and contractors, and apply contract terms to ensure obligations are met. Position requires considerable written, oral, computer, communication, and analytical skills. Performance is evaluated through periodic meetings, reports, and administrative review process. Assignments for this position are multifaceted and include multiple stakeholders.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of post-registration engineering experience relating to water or wastewater utilities; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proficient in project management, preferably in a governmental environment.
- Experience in process implementation and required internal controls.
- Strong analytical, administrative and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in developing, implementing and maintaining effective policies to improve efficiency.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and Project and ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and hydraulic models (e.g. InfoWater).
- Strong communication skills, including listening, verbal and written.
Bachelor of Science in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited college or university. Salary:
$87,887 to $138,188 Annually Close Date:
Continuous Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tampabaywater/jobs/2851439/senior-professional-engineer-iv