Senior Procurement Technician Salary:
$91,520.00 - $117,124.80 Annually Job Type:
Full-Time Job Number:
CA, CA Department:
General Services Closing:
6/20/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Description NOTE Regarding Salary: A 3% COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) will apply as of 6-26-23Overview:
Do you have a total of 5 years office administration experience and are 2 of those years in procurement? If so, check out this job opportunity!
The Senior Procurement Technician performs the procurement of goods and minor services utilizing direct (under $50,000)procurement process. This position secures quotes from vendors and evaluates price, delivery, quality, availability and other pertinent data for a wide variety of materials, supplies, equipment, and services to award purchase orders and contracts. This position is also responsible for day-to-day operational management of Valley Water's insurance compliance, local business certification checks, and Valley Water master office supply contracts.
This position works closely with internal customers to define procurement requirements and will coordinate with external suppliers to procure needed goods and services, in a timely and cost-effective manner. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
- Develop, evaluate, and execute assigned procurements
- Data entry to create purchase orders.
- Review insurance documents for completeness and ensure District-wide compliance.
- Customer service, communications, and general administrative activities.
- Maintain records of expenditures for special projects; prepare reports of materials received for payment; prepare and process year-end accounting reports.
- Respond to public inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within the area of assignment; resolve complaints in a timely manner.
- Conduct various administrative duties as assigned to create and/or maintain robust purchasing files, logs, reports, etc.
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.Ideal Experience:
- High-volume ERP workflow
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Sector procurement experience highly desirable
- Three (3) years of administrative or general office experience and Two (2) years of experience processing procurements. (5 years total required)
Ideal Training and Education:
- Principles and procedures of purchasing.
- Mathematical principles.
- Practices for office procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Principles and procedures of recordkeeping.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations and their application to district procurement functions.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)Purchasing and Consultant Unit (Position Code 513)
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all newly hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date.
This position is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule, typically working 40% remote and 60% onsite, after completion of the probationary period (one year).Selection Process
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended. NOTE:
Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021, Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants. To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/4058392/senior-procurement-technician Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency