Mesa Water District is excited to announce that it is now accepting applications for an experienced Senior Operator – Distribution (Crew Leader). The Senior Operator, under supervision, leads, oversees, and participates in crews responsible for operating, repairing, and maintaining our water distribution system. This position will also inspect water system construction for compliance with codes, plans, and District specifications and standards, and review plans and specifications.
The ideal candidate will have experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education/Training:
- Leading water distribution crews.
- Teaching and explaining processes and procedures of water maintenance infrastructure and repair.
- Conducting all aspects of Capital Improvement Projects and emergency repairs.
- Utility locating.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by vocational/technical training in water utility science, water distribution infrastructure maintenance and repair practices, mechanical maintenance and repair practices, and/or construction inspection. Experience:
Four years of experience in the operation, maintenance, installation, and repair of water distribution infrastructure. License/Certificate:
- Grade 3 Water Distribution (D3) Certificate issued by the Division of Drinking Water.
- Grade 2 Water Treatment (T2) Certificate issued by the Division of Drinking Water.
- Valid Class A driver's license with air brake endorsement required and satisfactory driving record.
- Traffic Control certification recognized by Cal-OSHA is desirable.
Must reside within 25 miles of the nearest boundary to Mesa Water District in order to participate in the mandatory standby program and respond to emergencies. (No relocation assistance provided.) Visit www.mesawater.org/jobs to apply today!
Only online applications with completed supplemental questions will be accepted. This is a continuous recruitment with an initial deadline of Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM.