The Orange County Water District (OCWD) has an opening for a three-year limited term contract Senior Engineer position in the Engineering Department. The position will support the PFAS program and assist in the inspection, maintenance, replacement, and refurbishment of existing OCWD facilities.
Examples of Essential Job Functions (Illustrative Only)
- Manages assigned projects; reviews work completed by outside consultants to ensure accuracy and alignment with project specifications.
- Administers and/or devises a variety of test plans; oversees accuracy, precision, and reliability of project data.
- Organizes and plans project scope of work; reviews and evaluates technical proposals; oversees, analyzes, and makes recommendations regarding various phases of projects and/or programs.
- Ensures regulatory compliance of projects; provides technical advice to staff.
- Prepares a variety of reports regarding data results and/or project status.
- Prepares and presents project presentations.
- Assists in developing and monitoring project budgets.
- Inspects construction projects to observe compliance with construction plans and specifications; reads and interprets construction plans and specifications.
- Directs research operations related to sample collection, operating parameters, process changes, and/or other related operational activities.
- Writes and assembles grant and loan applications for potential engineering projects.
- Pursues research grants.
- Gives technical tours.
- Determines and develops website content.
- Makes recommendations on alternative project options.
- Prepares and administers general and capital departmental budgets.
- Manages and conducts specialized groundwater treatment programs at pilot, demonstration, and full-scale levels.
- Inspects and makes recommendations on existing engineered structures and/or facilities.
- Calculates material quantities for purchasing.
- Prepares drawings for various water resource facilities.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and Professional Engineer registration as a Civil engineer in the State of California. Experience:
Minimum six years related experience and/or training, preferably at a professional level in pipeline, water and wastewater treatment, pump stations, etc. Ability to prepare technical studies and manage large projects is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. License:
A valid California Class “C” Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance are required. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Environment:
Standard office setting. Physical:
Positions in this class typically require reaching, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, fumes, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, workspace restrictions, intense noises and travel. Incumbents require sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting; stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard; push, pull, lift, and/or carry light amounts of weight; verbally communicate to exchange information. Vision:
See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment. Hearing:
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction. SCHEDULE:
9/80, with alternating Fridays off, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM or Regular C schedule Monday-Friday. Salary Range:
$135,330 - $150,000 annual (Exempt)
Candidates given an offer of employment will be required to pass a medical examination and background check. You must submit an OCWD online employment application to be considered. Please visit www.ocwd.com
to complete an application. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number apply. EOE