Senior Cyber Security Technician (Senior Information Systems Technician) Salary:
$108,825.60 - $139,235.20 Annually Job Type:
Full-Time Job Number:
CA, CA Department:
Information Technology Closing:
Continuous Description Valley Water is searching for top-tier candidates to fill this exciting opportunity. NOTE Regarding Salary: A 3% COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) will apply as of 6-26-23
Do you have 5+ years of Cyber Security? Are you ready for your next career move? If so, review the below opportunity.
This position provides complex and advanced technical assistance in support of managing and implementing Valley Water's IT cyber security , data center , and computer networking . Ensures that the IT infrastructure, including the network perimeter is protected, investigates security breaches and threats and recommends changes to address security issues; manages processes for operating system hardening, patch management, and intrusion detection; manages security configurations for server, database, and application systems; conducts electronic discovery searches, manages reporting on security enterprise tools; manages security software server/client updates, supports the Unit Manager in maintaining the Cyber Security program and policies.
Assists with ensuring the availability of network, server, storage and other core services; assists with determining hardware and software systems requirements and specifications; performs a variety of complex technical tasks relative to cyber security, data center, and computer networking.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Cyber Security: monitor and maintain security on infrastructure systems including IT security applications and appliances. Example: Microsoft security patching, updating appliance firmware, maintaining Cyber Security definitions, monitoring Anti-Spam solution, monitoring Cyber Security appliances, and recommending modifications to existing Cyber Security hardware, software and overall security stance. Manages and monitors vulnerability scanning tools and makes recommendations to remediate identified Cyber Security vulnerabilities. Manages Cyber Security audits and makes recommendations to remediate identified threats.IT infrastructure:
ensuring the network perimeter is protected, investigates security breaches and threats and recommends changes to address security issues; manages processes for operating system hardening, and intrusion detection; manages security configurations for server, database, and application systems; conducts electronic discovery searches, manages reporting on security enterprise tools; manages security software server/client updates, supports the Unit Manager in maintaining the Cyber Security program and policies.SCADA:
Monitor network and security appliances for security breaches, updating firmware, maintaining security patches keeping security policies up to date, and maintaining documentation. Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.Ideal Experience:
Five (5) years of cyber security and computer network systems support experience.Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Install, maintain, operate, and troubleshoot complex computer systems hardware and software problems, including Firewalls, IPS, Next Generation Endpoint protection, reverse proxies, SIEM and Anti-Spam solutions.
- Develop and maintain Cyber Security policies.
- Breech response and mitigation.
- Assist in user training on computer systems hardware and software.
- Use diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot and diagnose network and communication systems hardware and software problems.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Principles and practices of computer science and information systems.
- Principles and practices of enterprise and cloud Cyber Security.
- Knowledge of securing critical infrastructure for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA environments.
- Operational characteristics of computer hardware and software; and/or audio-visual systems.
- Principles and practices of computer, network systems hardware, and software troubleshooting.
- Operational characteristics of various computer hardware, software applications, and computer operating systems.
- Operational characteristics of computer and network operating systems.
- Operational characteristics of local and wide area networks.
- Principles, practices, and responsibilities involved in leading the work of assigned staff.
- Best practices for office procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Common desktop applications and software as well as specialized software related to the work.
Required License or Certificate
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science or engineering is preferred.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)Infrastructure Services Unit (Position Code 1047)COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all newly hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date. This position requires the individual to be onsite and is typically not a teleworking position.
This posting will close without notice. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure consideration for this role.
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended. NOTE:
Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021, Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants. To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/4047839/senior-cyber-security-technician-senior-information-systems-technician Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency