Regional Utility Worker
California Water Service
California Water Service
The Utility Worker (UW) performs relief work under various field operations classifications. In addition, a Utility Worker fulfills various aspects of maintenance operations. This includes, change, clean and replace meters, and meter boxes, assist in repair and perform maintenance on water mains, service lines, street/sidewalks, and fire hydrants; clean and paint station/treatment plant equipment and appurtenances. This position is located in San Mateo, CA.Essential Functions:
- Performs relief work under various field operations classifications.
- Change and replace 5/8” thru 1” size meters and meter box lids and covers.
- Clean out 5/8” through 1” size meter box.
- Assist to flush and perform maintenance on all necessary functions of mains, which includes operation system valves.
- Assist in setting, replacing, or removing 1-1/2” and 2” size meters.
- Notify for shutdowns.
- General maintenance of company's facilities.
- Collect water samples to a minor extent.
Salary Range: $37.89 - $43.46Deadline to submit resume is Friday, February 10, 2023.
- A UW must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public;
- Have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures; and have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent,
- Possess a valid California Class C Driver's license, and be insurable under the Company's policy.
- A UW must have a working knowledge of basic features of word processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Word) and electronic mail processing programs (e.g., Microsoft Outlook).
- Employee must be able to work without supervision and respond appropriately to feedback, evaluation, coaching, counseling, and/or discipline.
- The job entails an understanding and knowledge of water quality specifications for chlorine content, pH, water temperature, other essential water quality parameters, as well as National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES) rules and regulations.
- California State Water Distribution Operator II certification is required.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES. To apply, please visit: https://calwatergroup.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CWSG/job/San-Mateo-CA/Regional-Utility-Worker_R1501 Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency