SALARY: $34.91 - $43.64 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 06/25/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Are you familiar with annual and quadrennials inspections for recycled water systems? Otay WaterDistrict is seeking a qualified Recycled Water Specialist experienced in cross-connection control programs and we would like to hear from you.
The Otay Water District offers excellent benefits, a balanced work/life environment and is a leader in the industry. A 2% Cost-of-Living-Adjustment will be effective 7/5/2021.
About the Position and Department
This position in the Engineering Department reports directly to the Recycled Water ProgramSupervisor and is a part of a dedicated, service-oriented team where collaboration and leadership are promoted at all levels. The position coordinates the District's recycled water program to ensure compliance with state and local regulations.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the Planning, Budgeting, Design and Construction of all Otay Water District Facilities as well as the administration of all developer and new customer construction and service applications. The Department has a staff of approximately 28 employees.
Applications will be accepted until there are a sufficient number of highly qualified applicants from which to make a selection. However, for the earliest consideration, please submit your application materials by July 16, 2021. For information on the recruitment process, please go to the Employment section of our website https://otaywater.gov
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts cross-connection tests for new and existing recycled water use sites; reviews plans, specifications, installation for new construction and existing recycled water use sites, coordinates new and existing testing with San Diego CountyDepartment of Environmental Health (DEH).
- Reviews installation, cross-connection control testing, and site certifications on private recycled and potable water distribution systems to determine separation and identify problems. Tracks changes and coordinates with DEH for testing.
- Plan checks and reviews developer recycled irrigation and ensure contractor compliance with plans, specifications,
- Recommends substantial completion acceptance and final acceptance of developer projects as appropriate.
- Maintains records of recycled water use sites, rule violations, areas within use sites where recycled water is used, cross-connection, and annual review due dates.
- Operates a variety of simple plumbing tools, test gauge and other hand tools.
- Receives, investigates, evaluates, and responds to customer complaints regarding cross-connections; resolves complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reads, understands, and ensures compliance with the District Safety Manual; attends safety meetings, as required; reports all accidents, violations, or infractions to supervisor.
- Operates District vehicles as required.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
For the complete job description go to the Employment section of our website: https://otaywater.gov REQUIRED LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS Experience:
- A valid California Class "C" Driver's License and a safe driving record.
- A valid Cross Connection Control Specialist Certificate issued by the American Water WorksAssociation or American Backflow Prevention Association required within twelve (12)months of hire date.
- A valid Water Distribution Operator Certification Grade II issued by the California StateWater Resource Control Board required within two (2) years of hire date.
Two (2) years experience in any of the following areas: utility construction, inspection, water system operation, construction project management, meter maintenance/backflow, certified landscape irrigation auditor or two (2) years of journey-level experience in compliance review and cross-connection testing of new and existing on-site recycled water systems. Education:
High school diploma or G.E.D.
This position will be subject to random drug testing during employment.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Otay Water District is a Smoking, Tobacco and Nicotine Free Campus.
All Otay Water District employees are at-will pursuant to California Water Code, Section 71362.