IF INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE VISIT https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd AND SUBMIT AN ONLINE JOB APPLICATION BEFORE THE CLOSING DEADLINE.
SALARY: $29.23 - $41.45 Hourly
Irvine Ranch Water District is recruiting for a Recycled Water Specialist who, under general supervision will enforce the District's Procedural Guidelines, Rules and Regulations, pertaining to the design, installation, inspection, testing, and operation of on-site recycled water systems.
Summary of Duties
- Review plans submitted for on-site recycled water use at residential, commercial, or industrial sites to assure compliance with State and local regulatory requirements.
- Inspect on-site construction activities such as meter locations and recycled water use, excavation of trenches, various sizes and types of pipelines, the back-fill of trenches and other water related appurtenances. Inspections and tests will ensure the installation of on-site systems' are in compliance with District standards pertaining to recycled water use.
- Perform cross-connection and electro-conductivity tests for each new recycled water system.
- Interact with the public, architects, developers, contractors, and other outside agencies with the goal of fulfilling various project related responsibilities.
- Maintain all individual project files, electronic files and paperwork on a daily basis.
- Monitor recycled water use sites to ensure their continued compliance with State and local requirements including conducting scheduled visual inspections and cross connection test.
- Evaluate public and private irrigation systems and make appropriate recommendations to increase efficiency or resolve problem areas.
- Determine acreage for recycled and potable water meters.
- Comply with District safety work-related practices and attend relevant safety training.
- Responsible for all other work-related duties.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and two years' experience working in the design, installation, inspection and operation of on-site recycled water systems, comprehensive understanding of irrigation systems, common components and functions (e.g. backflow prevention, controllers, strainers, sprinklers, quick couplers, automatic control valves), and ability to read irrigation plans is required.
Some college coursework in water, water resources, or related field preferred.
Experience conducting plan review and field inspection for compliance with state and local requirements preferred. LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
A valid Class 'C' California Driver's License is required. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
For a complete job description, please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/irwd/classspecs/861921?keywords=RECYCLED%20WATER%20SPECIALIST&pagetype=classSpecifications
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit: https://www.irwd.com/about-us/retirement-and-benefits