Bureau of Water Resource Information Apply: https://www.sjrwmd.com/jobs Job Summary:
This is advanced technical work ensuring compliance with state, federal and international guidelines for sample collection, laboratory analysis, and quality assurance. Job duties include:
- Manages the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Program for the Laboratory using compliance management software; attests to and certifies QA/QC tasks, regulatory activities and legal mandates (See 64E-1 Florida Administrative Code and ISO 17025 Standards) to ensure performance as required by standards. Audits and makes recommendations to the Laboratory Manager regarding compliance with approved QA/QC procedures. Documents training, audits, corrective actions and guidance as it relates to FDOH NELAC and ISO 17025 Certifications.
- Reviews, qualifies, and validates in-house laboratory data and Contract laboratory data based on accuracy, precision and method compliance. Requests reruns for in-house and contract data as needed. Coordinates contract lab sample deliveries.
- Performs support equipment validation for pipettes and temperature verification equipment. Validates buffer and conductivity standards.
- Provides Laboratory staff with guidance regarding State and Federal certification and compliance requirements. Represents the interests of the District at meetings during rule development and provides written as well as verbal statements on issues.
- Provides technical support and guidance to laboratory staff regarding approved analytical and quality assurance procedures.
- Administers proficiency testing program for District laboratory.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager in the administration of the laboratory by making recommendations concerning staffing, material resources, instrumentation, equipment/reagent/consumable purchases and contractual services.
- Performs preparatory and analytical tasks as needed.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry or a field directly related to analytical chemistry and five years professional experience performing analytical laboratory analysis.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry or a field directly related to analytical chemistry may substitute for one year of the professional experience described above.
- A doctorate from an accredited college or university in chemistry or a field directly related to analytical chemistry may substitute for two years of the professional experience described above.
SJRWMD has determined this to be a mandatory-testing position as described in Section 440.102, Florida Statutes. Any offer of employment for a mandatory-testing position will be contingent upon successfully passing a drug screening paid by SJRWMD. The SJRWMD Drug Free Workplace Policy is available for review in the Careers section at www.sjrwmd.com
. Base Salary:
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health/dental insurance, life insurance, paid leave and holidays, and professional development.
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Palatka Closing Date:
January 22, 2019