The PIO develops, manages, and sustains the strategic communications and community engagement efforts, raising awareness about the value of water and OWASA’s services through education and outreach. This high-level professional position is a key contributor towards fulfilling the mission, vision, and values by providing leadership for all aspects of our strategic communications and community engagement efforts.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Engage the community and other stakeholders to include written communications, public events, and partnerships with local agencies.
- Serve as spokesperson for emergency situations and other high-profile projects and initiatives. Respond on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Prepare and distribute news releases, customer newsletters, public service announcements, articles, postings, surveys, annual regulatory reports, etc.
- Supervise the design and production of multimedia projects, including videos, infographics, flyers, and branding for organization.
- Provide support, guidance, and training to internal staff about public communications and engagement to include long-term publicity and public information plans.
Candidates should have five years’ experience in communications and community engagement. Prior experience working in the public sector (Local Government or State Agency) preferred. Position requires a bachelor’s degree in relatable field of study and a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North?Carolina.
The ideal candidate should possess outstanding communication skills and have a demonstrated ability to strategically facilitate a positive and accurate image of OWASA. Must be a trusted steward of the environment, our natural resources and the organization’s financial resources. Must be community minded, innovative in the approach to completing our mission, and passionate about promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment. Team members are our most important resource. Pay and Benefits include:
- Salary Range is $69,365 - $106,823
- Membership in the NC Local Government Employee Retirement System (pension plan)
- Employer 457 Deferred Compensation contribution (no match required)
- Retirement Health Savings account
- Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Dependent Life, Long-term Disability
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave; 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
- Much, much more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Visit www.owasa.org
to apply for this excellent opportunity. This recruitment will close on February 10, 2023.