The purpose of this position is to assist the CAP in executing multi-disciplinary projects from the conceptual stage to implementation and completion. It is expected that the Project Manager-In-Training operates with mentorship, training, and support from the Project Management Division Supervisor and Senior Project Managers. The Project Manager-In-Training (PMIT) facilitates a defined project team through a collaborative project definition, assessment, review, and approval process, with oversight from an internal governing body. The PMIT works collaboratively with their team and other involved CAP departments / divisions to develop project budgets and schedules. The PMIT monitors, manages, and projects future project costs for budget purposes and analysis. The PMIT facilitates problem solving activities with his/her team and engages the appropriate CAP resources to reach solutions. The PMIT collaborates with contract administration and construction teams, and tracks costs, schedule, and reports status. The PMIT ensures that all project documentation, including drawings, are accurate, complete and retrievable, and facilitates project turnover and post project critiques. REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Knowledge, Training, Skills & Experience:
Required Certifications or Licenses:
- Bachelor of Science (or higher) degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Must effectively manage multiple projects at various phases of the project life cycle.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate good communication and professional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, coordinate resources and work through competing priorities.
- Possess a working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, and standard MS Office applications.
- Ability to work well under pressure of time constraints and commitments.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute as a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or possess within one year of hire.
- Must have a valid driver's license and maintain a good driving record.
- This is a safety-sensitive position and requires physical testing.
$67,523 to $76,731 Annually Close Date:
April 29, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://www.cap-az.com/employment/job-opportunities