Sunrise Water Authority (SWA) is looking for a licensed professional engineer to support our asset management and capital construction programs. This is a regular full-time, permanent position in our Engineering/Technical Services group. Minimum qualifications strictly apply.
About Sunrise Water Authority:
SWA is a progressive public drinking water utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon. Our goal is to provide quality product and customer service through sustainable business practices. We are growing and literally on the move. Accordingly, we are in need of finding experienced, highly motivated individuals to add to our engineering and technical services team.
- 5 or more years of design and/or construction administration experience related to municipal drinking water infrastructure, including reservoirs, pipelines and pump stations
- Candidates with additional experience and qualifications will be accepted and may be considered for a more senior appointment
- Assist in capital project planning and delivery
- Conduct asset management and emergency resiliency planning
- Scheduling and delivery of renewal and replacements projects
- Prepare and review design and bid documents for procurement of construction services
- Review development applications and approve design of new infrastructure
- Manage consulting and construction services related to capital project delivery
- Prepare project related reports, spreadsheets, databases, and technical materials
- Assess fire flow adequacy and delivery capacity throughout the water distribution system
- Able to lead work groups and responsible for team outcomes
- Model superior customer service and professionally represent organization in public
Compensation and Benefits:
- Licensed professional engineer in Oregon (or able to obtain registration through reciprocity within six months of hire).
- Working knowledge of hydraulic modeling of water distribution systems and related computer platforms (preference given to experience with InfoWater)
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS; AutoCad; MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with codes, regulations and standards related to public drinking water systems
- Work outside in poor weather conditions and serve after-hours in emergency situations
- Valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening and background check
Salary range is $82,000 to $93,500 per year or higher DOQ/DOE. SWA offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 11 paid holidays, short and long-term disability, and participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). To Apply:
for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply. Sunrise is an equal opportunity employer. Veteran’s preference applies.
Position is open until filled or withdrawn; interviews may begin as soon as July 6, 2020.