California Water Service Group invites you to pursue a career in the water industry with the third largest publicly traded water utility in the United States. Our mission is to be the leading provider of water and wastewater services. We’re committed to improving the quality of life for our customers, communities, stockholders, and employees. To achieve that, we align our hiring strategies with the company’s core values of integrity, service, value, health and safety, respect and collaboration, and corporate citizenship so that we can provide quality, service, and value to all of these groups.
Our commitment to our employees is evident, as we have been named a Top Workplace in the Bay Area for eight years in a row and designated as a Great Place to Work®, and Cal Water was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Water Utilities in the West” by J.D. Power in its inaugural water utility satisfaction study.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the operation and maintenance activities of the water system including; expense budgets, execution of the capital budget, supporting activities customer service, and SOX compliance. The Operations Manager must establish oneself as a leader in the community and acts as the designated Company official for public meetings or forums. This position will be located in Los Altos, CA.
- Leads and manages team, including prioritizing and assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, oversee training and development, and making hiring, disciplinary, and termination recommendations
- Oversees operations related to distribution, quantity, and quality including maintenance and construction activities, all capital construction and activities, budget development, monitoring expenditures, and resolving complex customer service issues
- Provides oversight to the operations and maintenance of well sites, system booster stations, reservoirs, treatment plants, compliance water sampling, and testing
- Provides oversight of the water system; flushing and valve operation program, water main, service, and meter repairs and replacement programs, and fire flow availability tests
- Ensures certified distribution and treatment operators are properly trained to make decisions that affect water quality and quantity using manual or supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Responds to all water quality and environmental inquiries and issues; participates in inspections, adheres to Cal Water Statewide NPDES Permit and interacts with applicable agencies
- Schedules and modifies operations to meet Company, and local goals and initiatives Establishes and maintains relationships with local government officials; acts as the Company representative in a public forum or before the media
- Exercise technical expertise in preparing written and oral reports
- Ensures that employees comply with all safety guidelines per Company policy
- Collaborates with Company’s Customer Service, Engineering, Water Quality, Environmental and Safety, Rates, and other internal departments
- Participates in a community service organization consistent with district public outreach plan
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement program and projects
- Performs Shift operator duties daily and acts as the Chief operator as needed
- Available for on-call duty as required periodically
- Attends meetings and training as directed by California Water Service
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and, or equivalent relevant water industry or field operations experience
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in management or supervisory role
- Five years of experience working in a water utility in operations, or related field
- State Water Resources Control Board-Drinking Water–Operator Certification Programs Water Distribution Operator Grade III Certification required
- Must obtain State Water Resources Control Board-Drinking Water–Operator Certification Programs Water Distribution Operator Grade IV Certification in 24 months
- State Water Resources Control Board-Drinking Water–Operator Certification Programs Water Treatment Operator Grade II Certification required
- Must live within 45 minutes of the district
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid California Driver License
$103,000 - $191,000 Annually Deadline to submit resume is Tuesday, September 29, 2020. Apply: https://calwatergroup.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CWSG
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.