Foothill Municipal Water District provides imported water to seven retail water agencies who in turn serve the needs of about 80,000 customers located in the City of La Canada Flintridge, Altadena and La Crescenta. The District has about 10 miles of transmission mains, 2 pump stations and 6 tanks to meet these needs. One of the special features of the District is the amount of energy required to move water from its interconnection with Metropolitan Water District at the Rose Bowl to its customers in the foothills. The District environment is open and interactive and operations activities include both in-office and field related duties.
Foothill is looking for a team player to fill a full-time position under the direction of the District Engineer. The Operations Manager must ensure that the District is in compliance with local, county, state and federal regulations regarding water quality and OSHA laws. This position plans, organizes, coordinates, assigns, directs and evaluates the operations staff in the operation, repair and maintenance of Foothill Municipal Water District's water transmission system, storage reservoirs, booster pumps and other associated facilities. Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Plans and supervises Operations staff in the operation and maintenance of the District's water transmission system;
- Manages water production, water quality and distribution operations to ensure compliance with federal, state, county and local requirements;
- Ensures the maintenance, repair and efficient operations of a wide variety of motors and pumps, electrical and electronic components and control valves associated with pipes, storage reservoirs, pump stations and related facilities.
- Ensures the District's safety programs are in accordance with local, state and federal requirements and implemented in the assigned areas relating to the operations function.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary Range:
- A Water Distribution Grade D4 certificate and a Water Treatment Operator Grade T2 certificate in accordance with the Operator Certification Regulations - California State Water Resources Control Board
- A valid Class C California driver's license and safe driving record
- Three years' experience in the leadership and management of employees responsible for the operation and maintenance of water distribution/transmission system.
- Some college water-related coursework along with some courses or certification related to effective supervision of employees desired. Any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge and abilities, is qualifying.
$7,745 to $10,455, At-will position Foothill offers an excellent benefits package including:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Paid medical and dental insurance for the employee and one dependent (additional dependents are paid by employee)
- Paid vision for the entire family
- CalPERS retirement with classic members receiving 2% at 55
- A 457 Plan with the District matching 3%
- Vacation starting at two weeks a year and increasing with time at the District
- 10 days annually of sick leave
- 2 days annually of personal time off
- Short-term disability and long-term disability
- 9 Regular Holidays
- 2 Floating Holidays
For more information and a full job description visit: http://fmwd.com/#Opportunities
Applicants must also submit an employment application which can be found on the website and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to koblak @fmwd.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.