California Water Service (Cal Water) invites you to pursue a career with the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third largest in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company was named one of the Bay Area's Top Workplaces several years in a row. Cal Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services.
Cal Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Operation Maintenance Worker works with basic supervision to perform field operations, maintain Company facilities and handle customer service requirements in Torrance, CA.
- Clean and paint pump houses and appurtenances
- Assist in installing water meters, adjusting valve and meter boxes
- Assist in repairing water mains and services
- Assist in cleaning reservoirs and tanks
- Assist in street and sidewalk repairs
- Assist Electrical-Mechanical Technician
- Assist Traveling Meter Mechanics
- Assist Chief Pump Operators
- Assist Leak Detection Technician
- General maintenance of grounds and facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Clean meters and meter boxes
- Repair and/or change meters and boxes to a minor extent
- Perform service off and on to a minor extent
- Assist in shutdown notification
Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, February 20, 2020. Apply: www.calwatergroup.com
- Possession of State Water Resources Control Board Grade II Water Distribution Operator certification
- Water utility experience desired
- Construction and plumbing experience desired
- Must be available for call outs, evenings, holidays & weekends
- Must live within 45 minutes of the Rancho Dominguez district office
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES.