Are you a service-minded water utility leader?
The Meter Services Supervisor is a key member of the District's leadership team who oversees the work related to water meter services, as well as the cross-connection control and backflow testing programs. The ideal candidate has several years of supervisory experience at a water utility and offers strong leadership, customer service, project management, and team development skills. Rainbow Municipal Water District offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to drive operational excellence and have a direct impact on the success of the District.
The complete Meter Services Supervisor job posting and application can be found here.
What's in it for you?
Rainbow Municipal Water District offers some of the most competitive pay and benefits in the area, and this position's pay range tops out at $131,664 annually. We offer five health insurance options (some free), District-funded Health Savings Accounts, a CalPERS pension (2.5% at 55 for Classic members), 457b and 401a retirement savings plan matching, six weeks of Paid Time Off (to start), a 9/80 work schedule, and generous education assistance including student loan repayments.
More importantly, you will get to be part of an amazing team that is dedicated to supporting each other and our customers. In our last employee survey, 100% of respondents said "I am inspired to do my best every day at work," and 96% said they would recommend the District as a good place to work.
Make an immediate impact
Rainbow Municipal Water District provides safe drinking water and wastewater services to agricultural, residential, and commercial customers in our 82-square mile service area that includes the unincorporated communities of Rainbow, Bonsall, and parts of Vista, Oceanside, and Fallbrook.
We make a difference in our community, and you will too.
The Meter Services Supervisor oversees work for the water meter services, as well as the cross-connection control and backflow testing programs. Within your first year, you will help coordinate the completion of the final phase of the District's Water Service Upgrade Project, involving the replacement of all water meters in the District. You will perform a variety of supervisory, technical, and administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Selection, training, and evaluating work of staff in the Meters Department to ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Planning and making work assignments related to reading, recording, and reporting water usage.
- Installation, repairs, maintenance, and testing of water services including pressure regulators, water meters, meter boxes, backflow devices, and associated appurtenances.
- Responding to escalated customer service inquiries regarding customer water use and water service issues.
Click here to apply today.
Does this sound like you?
- You have a natural drive for excellence, and you have applied this passion to your career in the water industry to positively impact operational efficiency.
- You actively mentor and coach your team members, taking a firm but fair approach to accountability, and providing continuous feedback and encouragement that promotes a culture of excellence.
- You embrace technology and can easily understand how to operate Microsoft Office, leverage asset management systems, GIS systems, other digital solutions to extend the life of assets, stay on track with planned maintenance, and manage costs effectively.
- You pay attention to the important details, which shines through when you are negotiating or managing contracts with vendors, monitoring contract compliance, and ensuring adherence to the Administrative Code.
- Quality and safety are not just checkboxes for you - your commitment to excellence drives you to ensure that every job site is managed efficiently, safely, and completed with the highest quality standards.
Education, experience, and certifications:
- You value learning and have continued your education with a Certificate or Associate's Degree in Water Technology, but your preferred method of learning is by diving into hands-on learning opportunities in the field.
- You have a strong understanding of water distribution and treatment systems, as evidenced by your certifications a D3 Water Distribution Operator and T2 Treatment Operator, or higher.
- You have spent several years "in the trenches" in the water industry, and preferably some time in a supervisory role.
- You understand advanced principles of modern meter reading including Advanced Meter Reading (AMR) technology, water meter industry trends, emerging technology, and associated appurtenances.
- Though you may not do it every day, you have hands-on experience in backflow testing and either have, or can obtain a Cross-Connection Certificate is required within 18 months and Backflow Tester Certificate is required within one year.
- You have probably completed training that covers Cla-Val maintenance, repair and troubleshooting such as 90-01 PRVs, combination pressure relief and sustaining valves, fire protection valves, and other commonly used valves.
The complete Meter Services Supervisor job description can be found here.
What is the selection process?
To be considered for this position, please select the APPLY HERE. Rainbow Municipal Water District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.