The Dublin San Ramon Services District, a special district in the San Francisco Bay Area that provides water, wastewater, and recycled water services, is recruiting to fill two Mechanic I/II positions. The full salary range is $6,771 to $9,053 per month with a generous benefit and paid time off package.
Position and Ideal Candidate
The two Mechanic I/II vacancies are in the Mechanical Maintenance Division of the Operations Department. The positions may be filled at the Mechanic I or II level.
Under general supervision of the Mechanical Supervisor, this position learns and performs a variety of routine to complex duties in support of the Operations Department including semiskilled and skilled work in the installation, repair, and maintenance of the District's water and wastewater pump, treatment, pressure, flow regulating, and related equipment including sand filtration, micro-filtration, reverse osmosis, and ultraviolet systems; performs preventative maintenance on wastewater treatment and distribution equipment; maintains equipment and pipelines; and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have several years of recent mechanical experience, preferably in a water/wastewater treatment facility or other utility or manufacturing industry. He or she will have industrial experience maintaining, rebuilding and/or repairing pumps, compressors, hydraulic and mechanical operating equipment with light to medium fabrication and welding skills to support the operation of equipment and apparatuses. The ideal candidate will also have experience with gear and worm drive power distribution boxes and bearing boxes; chain drive systems; installation of pipe support systems; the ability to weld, groove, glue and thread piping systems; as well as construction knowledge and knowledge of small and medium gas and diesel engine maintenance and repair.
Training and Experience
• Mechanic I: Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade and one year of increasingly responsible work experience involving the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment, pumps, and related facilities.
• Mechanic II: Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade and two years of increasingly responsible work experience involving the repair and maintenance of industrial equipment, pumps, and related facilities.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Possession of a Class C driver's license required by the State of California, Department of Motor Vehicles, to perform the duties of the position. Continued maintenance of said driver's license in compliance with established District vehicle operation standards, and the ability to be insured for the operation of a vehicle/District vehicle in accordance with the terms and conditions of the District's insurance program are conditions of continuing employment.
• Possession of a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care Provider certificate and First Aid certificate is required within one (1) year of employment.
• Mechanic I: Possession of California Water Environment Association Plant Maintenance Technologist Grade I certification is required within two (2) years of employment.
• Mechanic II: Possession of California Water Environment Association Plant Maintenance Technologist Grade I certification is required. Possession of California State Water Environment Association Mechanical Technology Grade II certification is required within two (2) years of employment in this class.
Incumbents in this class are required to participate in the District's Shave-on-Demand policy when required to wear respiratory protection or other safety equipment.
To Apply To apply, and for more details about the job duties, complete a District online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by 5:00 p.m., January 7, 2019. Go to: http://www.dsrsd.com/careers/current-openings-and-employment-information
Resumes and cover letters will not be accepted in lieu of the District application form and supplemental questionnaire responses.