Under direction, performs a wide variety of responsible professional level research, analytical and administrative tasks in support of a department, division, or program.
This is a broad classification with individual positions assigned to specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department and staffing levels.
This flexibly staffed position may be filled at either the I or II level depending on the qualifications of the applicant and the staffing needs of the City.
An eligibility list is being established to fill the current full-time vacancy in the Ventura Water Department as well as future city-wide vacancies. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Has excellent analytical, administrative, and project management skills
- Demonstrates through actions a strong customer service work ethic
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Is able to identify and cultivate sponsorships and grants from private and non-profit sources
- Understands contract administration and insurance requirements
- Is extremely organized and has a proven record of being able to manage and track multiple stages of a project and meet deadlines
- Possesses excellent computer application skills
- Has a "can do" attitude and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
A combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, or a related field, AND experience as follows: Management Analyst I:
requires one year of professional administrative/analytical experience OR one year of experience as a Management Technician II with the City of Ventura. Public sector experience is desirable. A Master's degree, plus completion of an internship with a local government agency, is also qualifying. Management Analyst II:
requires two years of experience equivalent to that of a Management Analyst I with the City of Ventura, performing a variety of professional support activities, preferably in a public agency. Salary: I:
$62,545 to $83,811 Annually II:
$69,038 to $92,513 Annually Close Date:
Jan. 3, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Learn More/Apply: https://jobapscloud.com/VEN/default.asp