Bureau of Water Supply Planning
Job Summary: This is advanced work involving the design and/or evaluation of complex hydrologic studies and project, and certifying hydrologic work as required by Florida Statutes.
Job duties include:
- Develops Minimum Flow and Levels (MFLs) prevention and recovery strategies; coordinate with diverse groups across the Division and the District to identify and obtain the data required for these strategies. Work on inter-disciplinary teams with other staff members and stakeholders to develop practical and effective prevention and recovery strategies for water bodies with established and proposed MFLs. Provides technical support for development of mitigation strategies and projects to address and resolve impacts to water resources and related ecosystems while providing for current and future water needs. Provide support for development of and/or maintaining planning-level project costs and associated tools. Strategies include assessing water availability from surface, groundwater, or other supply sources and conducting planning level project development including describing the project(s), estimating costs and quantifying the resource benefits from project implementation.
- Perform advanced, independent hydrologic/hydrogeologic investigations, review previous investigations, to evaluate impacts to the water resources and related ecosystems from regional and local groundwater and surface water withdrawals and apply this information to assess both regional water supply planning constraints and MFLs. This includes, but is not limited to, applying surface and groundwater models, statistical analysis, and geospatial analysis to determine the relationship between withdrawals and their potential impact to water resources (ground and surface waters, wetlands, or springs). Develop and document methods and procedures used to categorize the level of impact by use type, source, location, and individual user.
- Utilize numerical groundwater flow models and related evaluation tools to support water supply planning and MFLs prevention and recovery strategies, including preparation of written documentation of simulation results, presentation of those results to regulated public and staff, and mentoring staff in the use and application of evaluation tools.
- Maintains a level of expertise in disciplines relevant to the water supply planning and MFLs programs.
- Meet with project stakeholders to review project scope and schedule.
The Hydrologist IV requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in geology, hydrology, hydrogeology, engineering, or related field and five years of experience in hydrology or hydrogeology including experience in developing water supply and/or water resource development projects.
Graduate level education from an accredited college or university in the area described above or possession of a Geologist in Training license issued by the Florida Board of Professional Regulation or licensure by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers as an Engineer Intern may substitute for some of the required experience.
The Hydrologist PG/PE requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in geology, hydrology, engineering, or a related field and registration with the State of Florida as a Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer. Additional Details: Salary Range:
$62,961.60 - $81,848.00 Annually
Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, paid leave and holidays, professional development, wellness program.
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such service members and veterans will receive preference in employment and are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Palatka Closing Date:
Open until filled Apply: https://www.sjrwmd.com/jobs