Bureau of Water Resource Information
Job Summary: This is entry level work assisting in various elements of water resources and water management projects, and functioning as a Hydrologist, performing basic water resource related functions. Duties associated with this position are primarily field based (greater than 75 % of the time).
Job duties include:
- Collect hydrogeological data, primarily groundwater quality samples in accordance with District standard operating procedures, complete associated required documentation.
- Assist in the collection of groundwater quality samples in accordance with DEP contract by completing DEP groundwater quality training; maintain knowledge of DEP approved sampling protocols.
- Participate in water resource investigations by assisting in the design and implementation of hydrogeological data collection.
- Assist with the scheduling of groundwater quality monitoring network sample collections throughout the District.
- Assist with groundwater network evaluation and design, data management, analysis and interpretation.
- Interface with public to coordinate site installations, exchange data and access private wells for hydrogeological sampling.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in geology, hydrology or related field.
Professional experience in the areas described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
A valid Florida Driver’s License, Class E, is required.
Applicant must have ability to work in outdoor environments in uncomfortable temperatures, inclement weather, and remote locations.
SJRWMD has determined this to be a mandatory-testing position as described in Section 440.102, Florida Statutes. Any offer of employment for a mandatory-testing position will be contingent upon successfully passing a drug screening paid by SJRWMD. The SJRWMD Drug Free Workplace Policy is available for review in the Careers section at www.sjrwmd.com
. Additional Details: Base Salary:
Benefits include Florida Retirement System, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, paid leave and holidays, professional development, and wellness program.
Your application will receive careful consideration and, if selected for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. St. Johns River Water Management District participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Veterans’ Preference/Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace Location:
Palatka Closing Date:
April 15, 2021