The Sacramento Suburban Water District (SSWD), located in Sacramento, California, is a publicly owned and operated water utility formed in 2002 resulting from the merger of two agencies. SSWD provides water to its customers from 72 operational groundwater wells. In addition, SSWD has contractual rights to 26,064 acre-feet from the City of Sacramento water entitlement; and a contract to purchase up to 29,000 acre-feet of surface water per year from Placer County Water Agency. SSWD is governed by a five-member Board of Directors.
The Foreman plans, organizes, directs, supervises, and inspects the work of District staff assigned to the Distribution, Field Services, and Production departments that are engaged in the operation and maintenance of the District’s potable water production, treatment, and distribution system.
The Ideal Candidate…
- Utilize and train staff to operate the District’s software programs, such as the Work Management System and the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System.
- Coordinates and oversees outsourced projects issued to contractors and vendors.
- Recognize, comply, and enforce District safety and emergency rules and programs.
- Coordinates operations with other District departments to prioritize projects, design planning for new facilities and facility upgrades, and project acceptance.
- Assists with planning and directing various programs, including the Distribution Preventive Maintenance Program, Meter Preventive Maintenance Program, and Underground Service Alert Program.
The Foreman will possess the knowledge and skills to be able to organize, implement, and direct staff assigned to the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of water distribution systems, water treatment and production facilities, and water quality equipment, as well as the principles and practices of good customer service and work safety. Qualified candidates will have… Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience:
Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in facility maintenance and operations work, including two (2) years’ journey level experience equivalent to a Production or Distribution Operator II in water treatment/distribution. License:
Valid Driver’s License issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles and proof of good driving record as evidenced by the absence of multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents for at least two (2) years duration. The driving record will not contribute to an increase in SSWD’s automobile rates. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical disability will be considered for accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Certifications:
Possession and maintenance of a:
Compensation and Benefits…
- State of California Water Distribution Operator Certificate Grade D3.
- State of California Water Treatment Operator Certificate Grade T2.
$35.97 - $44.97 per hour depending on experience, plus a competitive benefits package including CalPERS retirement (2% @ 55 for Classic tier and 2% @ 62 under 2013 PEPRA) and employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance; voluntary deferred compensation and flexible benefit plans; educational reimbursement program; and paid vacation, and holidays. Application and Selection Process…
To be considered for the position, candidates should submit an SSWD application by July 1, 2019.
For the complete job description and SSWD application, visit: http://www.sswd.org/departments/human-resources/employment-opportunities