Are you a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and have experience coordinating facilities maintenance projects? Are you flexible and able to perform general building maintenance repair and warehouse operations support? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Former members of the military with experience as an Utilitiesman (A.K.A. Seabees, UT), Water Support Technician (MOS: 1171), or Damage Controlman (DC) are encouraged to apply.
The Otay Water District offers excellent benefits, a balanced work/life environment and is a leader in the industry.
About the Position and Department
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is a part of the Administrative Services Department and reports directly to the Purchasing and Facilities Manager, performing a variety of semi-skilled and skilled work in the repair and maintenance of buildings and facilities. In addition, this position performs various warehouse duties as needed for coverage that includes ordering, receiving, cleaning, stocking products and supplies, and customer service.
The Administrative Services Department is responsible for Purchasing, Safety, Human Resources, GIS, and Information Technology and has a staff of approximately 23 employees.
Salary: $29.30 to $36.62 Hourly
Close Date: Applications will be accepted until there are a sufficient number of highly qualified applicants from which to make a selection. However, for the earliest consideration, please submit your application materials by December 10, 2021. For information on the recruitment process, please go to the Employment section of our website www.otaywater.gov or click here.
Examples of Duties
- Coordinates, inspects, maintains records, and ensures compliance to specifications, terms, and conditions for facility maintenance work preformed under contract by contractors, subcontractors, and service/maintenance vendors.
- Performs painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, locksmith tasks, minor electrical, and similar general repair work on the alteration, repair and maintenance of buildings and related facilities.
- Maintains fuel-island in clean and good working order; assists with maintaining regulatory standards and reporting requirements including daily inspections and record keeping; coordinates all required inspections, maintenance and repairs with the Designated Operator.
- Prepares various surfaces such as concrete, masonry brick, wood and metal; and paints using an air or air-less paint sprayer, paint rollers, and brushes.
- Replaces door hardware such as doorknobs, deadbolt locks, and hinges.
- Repairs and installs flooring involving tile, carpet and other materials.
- Performs routine drywall, plaster and glazing work.
- Maintains the cleanliness and operation of tools and equipment used.
- Obtains competitive pricing for and maintains supply of cleaning, repair materials and service work.
- Maintains plumbing in buildings.
- Responds to emergencies as required.
- Drives District vehicles.
For the complete job description go to the Employment section of our website www.otaywater.gov
or click here
. Required Licenses and/or Certifications
A valid California Driver's License and a safe driving record. Minimum Experience, Education, and Training Requirements Experience:
Two (2) years of experience in carpentry and building maintenance. Education:
High school diploma or G.E.D. This position will be subject to random drug testing during employment.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Otay Water District is a Smoking, Tobacco and Nicotine Free Campus.
All Otay Water District employees are at-will pursuant to California Water Code, Section 71362.