Executive Assistant to the CEO Salary:
$103,563.20 - $132,641.60 Annually Job Type:
Full-Time Job Number:
CA, CA Department:
Office of the Chief Executive Officer Closing:
3/19/2023 11:59 PM Pacific Description Note
: A 5% confidential employee (MMBA) will apply.Overview
:Are you an experienced Executive Assistant with 5+ years experience? If so, please review this opportunity!
Valley Water is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to provide critical support for its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and serve as a key partner to the CEO's Chief of Staff. This is a highly impactful opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, extremely organized, an excellent communicator, and can manage a variety of high-level administrative tasks. This role helps assure that the Office of the CEO operates efficiently, effectively, and professionally.Telework: This position is eligible for a hybrid telework schedule, typically working 40% remote and 60% onsite once acclimated and approved by the CEO.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
- Maintain a complex and dynamic calendar of the Chief Executive Officer's activities, meetings, and various events, coordinate travel, complete expenses reporting, and ensure preparation of agendas and meeting materials.
- Serve as a gatekeeper and traffic controller to help manage the CEO's time and priorities.
- Assemble and/or coordinate the preparation of various reports, memoranda, correspondence, documentation and presentation materials, take meeting notes and capture and track action items.
- Coordinate requests from internal staff and external stakeholders, monitor and prioritize items requiring the CEO's attention or approval including various communications, contracts, human resources or financial documents, etc., and review materials for completeness, accuracy, format, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Uphold organizational policies and procedures, recommend improvements in work processes, assist in the implementation of goals and objectives, and support other special projects as needed.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Executive Assistants in the Chiefs area.
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.Ideal Experience:
Five (5) years of administrative support experience providing direct support to an executive level manager.Ideal Skills and Abilities:
Ideal Training and Education:
- Perform complex administrative work involving the use of independent judgment, personal initiative and problem solving.
- Understand the operations, policies and procedures of Valley Water and the Office of the CEO as necessary to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the public, Valley Water staff and its Board of Directors, external agencies and stakeholders, the media, and other government officials or stakeholders.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with professionalism, tact and with discretion when warranted.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Possess strong time-management skills and an ability to organize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, other productivity software tools as needed and have a strong aptitude for learning new software and systems.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by training in administrative support work or a related field.Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)Office of the Chief Executive Officer Unit (Position Code 059)
Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date. Valley Water Telework Program: Eligibility for telework will depend on the type of work performed, operational needs, and the ability for the employee to perform the essential functions of their job duties while teleworking. Employment with Valley Water requires employees to live within 150 miles of their primary physical work location located in San Jose, California by their start date.
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended. NOTE:
Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants. To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/3949587/executive-assistant-to-the-ceo Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency