Pay Range: $33.15 - $44.75 per hour DOE
Covington Water District has an opening for performing Engineering Tech/GIS position. This individual will work on engineering activities in connection with water utilities including GIS mapping projects, reviews of plans and inspections. Individual will both inspect installations, GPS assets linked to District CMMS/asset management databases, and work on GIS project improvements. This position is an intermediate level of work in technical engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist GIS Coordinator and Department objective of advancing GIS database with new geometric network.
- Will be assigned special projects with other Departments to provide seamless integration with GIS network.
- Back-ups GIS Coordinator responsibilities with cross training.
- Develop story maps for DE projects and to assist with business plans.
- Prepare map related graphics for presentation to staff, officials, permitting agencies, customers via District website, community groups or others.
- May perform other GIS duties as needed or assigned including special projects.
- Assist with applicable records retention and destruction according to the parameters set by the Records Management Program.
- Reviews plans for water system improvements and extensions.
- Lead pre-construction meetings and inform contractor of District requirements.
- Review submittals and inspect materials.
- Visit construction sites to perform on going inspections and final inspections.
- Work with contractors directly to resolve difficulties with contract requirements or inform manager of such difficulties.
- Produce as built drawing redlines to assist Developer’s engineer finalizing as-builts, including data acquisition for constructed pipe elevations.
- Create bill of sale for completed projects.
- Performs water system closure notifications, shutdown and maintain communications with internal and external parties.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and inconsistencies.
- Recommend change orders for alternative construction methods and materials, as necessary.
- Provides support in the administration of developer extension projects by providing the interface between the developer and the district’s design review consultant.
- Coordinate’s developer extensions with developers, contractors, engineers, inspectors, maintenance personnel, and city, county and state officials for projects which have been assigned.
- Assists in fieldwork such as surveying and construction inspection to confirm proposed development is in compliance with comprehensive plans, standards and specifications.
- Support mapping/graphics and GIS functions.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and inconsistencies while performing inspections.
- Provide construction means and methods options with contractors.
- Lockout meters for developer projects during final inspections.
- Overtime and work outside of normal business hours may be required based upon workloads.
- Operate chlorine pump and check chlorine and bacteriological samples.
- Perform bond release inspections and checklists.
- Create isolation and shutoff mapping using District’s GIS shutdown tool.
- May perform related duties as needed and assigned.
Two or more years as an Engineering Technician in a public utility, water district, City or in civil engineering consulting. Associate Degree in Engineering or related field preferred. Knowledge of basic hydraulics and construction requirements. Also requires a valid Washington State driver’s license. Benefits:
The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online at www.covingtonwater.com
a completed District Application with cover letter. The deadline to submit your information is ‘open’. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
**OPEN UNTIL FILLED**