Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become an Engineer at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job that is located in Generation’s main office in Rosemead, CA, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the Catalina Island Water, Electric and Gas Utility assets. Conducting equipment and facility inspections, acquiring equipment and process data, and monitoring equipment health, you will focus at least 50% of time on the Water Utility assets and processes. As the point of contact for all engineering related activity at the Island, working with both internal and external engineers, you will also help identify emergent issues and be responsible for managing small O&M projects and support Capital projects.
As an Engineer, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Support emergent equipment and process issues related to all three Utilities with primary focus on the Water Utility system
- Ensure proper inspection of equipment and facilities as required by OEM recommendations, best industry practices, permit, regulation or policy. Assist in developing or updating major component useful life, maintenance, and replacement schedule
- Assess and update As Built drawings
- Develop and implement business process controls including production, maintenance, and operational plans
- Coordinate with project teams on major projects and the Operations team for regular work
- Utilize engineering and knowledge of utility best practices for analyzing and evaluating operations and maintenance practices to continuously improve performance
- Help the Utilities make risk informed decisions pertaining to O&M and capital investments
- Support preparation of capital and operating work plans for the annual and long-term planning horizons
- Lead the maintenance optimization effort for the Utilities
- Manage small projects and programs
- Support condition-based monitoring plans and actions
- Support the corrective action program and the associated evaluations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Must be able to travel as tasks require; typically, up to 50% of time.
- Comfortable traveling to Catalina Island by Ferry
- Three (3) years of Water Utility, Gas Utility, or Electric Utility engineering experience, or a combination thereof.
- Professional Engineering license in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil discipline(s)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Understanding of engineering requirements and compliance experience with relevant industry standards (AWWA/ANSI, NFPA, OSHA, CCR, Water Code, Fire Code)
- Demonstrated knowledge of systematic problem solving by recognizing and applying the appropriate standards and requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of project funding opportunities (grants, loans, etc.).
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and experience in permitting through multiple local, state, and federal agencies (CDPH, CPUC, LACDRP, DDW, AQMD, EPA) Typically possesses 8 or more years working with field operations and utility production, with a focus on engineering support
- Experience with alluvial and bedrock production well systems, water treatment plants (including reverse osmosis systems), metering, storage tanks and reservoirs, and water utility infrastructure
- Experience with gas utility infrastructure, including storage tanks, valves, metering, and distributions systems
- Experience with developing business cases for Capital and O&M projects, including developing alternative assessments, costs estimates, and recommendations
- Must be able to drive, fly, traverse on uneven surfaces (hiking), sit/stand and work in various weather conditions, for extended periods of time.
- Primary work location is Rosemead, CA and will travel periodically to Catalina Island by Ferry.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties
Visit our Candidate Resources page
to get important information related to benefits/perks, testing, candidate tips, hiring process, and more! Learn More/Apply: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_YAkCK-I_K About SCE
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand.
At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.