$8,599 TO $10,477 / Monthly Close Date:
April 30, 2019
Under general supervision, plans, schedules, assigns, supervises and participates in the work of field operations staff performing a variety of tasks related to water transmission and distribution and meter reading; performs treatment plant and pump station operator and maintenance duties on a regular, rotational basis and as assigned; inspects the work of subordinates and outside contractors; assists the Superintendent of Operations with administrative functions; and performs other work as required. Minimum Qualifications
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities are:
- Education and experience required to obtain the licenses specified below.
Examples of Duties
- Possession of a valid Grade 2 Water Treatment Certificate issued by the State of California.
- Possession of a valid Grade 4 Water Distribution Certificate issued by the State of California.
- Possession of a valid Class B California State driver’s license.
- Plans, organizes and schedules field work; reviews inspection and service work orders to prioritize work and to determine whom to assign; schedules water service installations; locates and marks water lines; marks lines that need service with Underground Service Alert (USA) tags; coordinates and schedules the use of equipment and crews with other supervisory staff; oversees and participates in the work of a crew performing water distribution and transmission activities; monitors and inspects the work of subordinates; inspects and tests water lines and hydrants being installed by outside contractors; provides advice and direction to subordinates when problems arise; insures that other utility lines (e.g., gas, sewer, electrical) are marked; takes water samples and performs routine tests.
- As a crew supervisor for water transmission and distribution functions, assigns crew members to specific tasks, assigns work orders, insures that work is performed properly and that safety precautions are observed; trains subordinates in proper work procedures, in the operation of a variety of equipment, and in meter reading; takes corrective action; participates in the selection of subordinates; participates in development of performance evaluations for subordinates; participates in the establishment of rules, procedures and/or standards; operates backhoe and dump truck; participates in the same duties as subordinates; may approve overtime and/or use of paid leave.
- Can perform journey level treatment plant and pump station operation and maintenance duties when needed if the regular treatment plant operator is absent.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for maintenance and inventory requirements.
- Inventories and orders materials; uses computer software to create preventive maintenance and inspection schedules, to map and number hydrants, and to record readings and to prepare reports and graphs; notifies Fire Department of leaks, flow tests, road closures and the like; sends weekly report of water usage to other agencies; takes and investigates customer complaints; schedules vehicle maintenance; carries cell phone to respond to possible problems and emergencies on a seven day a week, 24 hour a day basis; attends meetings, conferences and training.
Job Description and Employment Application may be found on the District’s website www.coastsidewater.org
(Employment Opportunities) or by calling (650) 726-4405. To apply
, submit an application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to Coastside County Water District, 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Applications must be received by Tuesday, April 30, 2019
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019