Pay Range: $40.29 - $54.39 per hour w/o P.E.
$42.30 - $57.11 per hour w/P.E.
Covington Water District has an opening for performing engineering and construction management related functions within the District, specifically design implementation; plan review; construction inspections; inspecting installations, coordinating new construction activities; coordinating the District's engineering projects with consultants, as well as state and local agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides thorough and reliable plan review services and communicates findings to professional level engineers, surveyors and regulatory agencies.
• Reviews plans and specifications for water system improvements and extensions.
• Lead pre-construction meetings and inform contractor of District requirements.
• Review materials submittals, bond inspections, create deficiencies list, visit sites, create bill of sales, as-builts and assist with project closeouts and bond releases.
• Review pay estimates and change orders for capital improvement projects.
• Apply problem solving alternative construction methods and materials as necessary.
• Applies engineering knowledge to the solution of technical municipal water system development and repair projects.
• Assists in maintaining standard plans and specifications.
• Assists the public, developers, consultants, engineers and others.
• Performs project construction related surveying, GPSing and inspects work in progress.
• Assists in solving construction-related problems.
• Works directly with outside consultants and contractors concerning District standards and other engineering design and construction requirements. Helps guide developers through the District review and approval process.
• Assist with applicable records retention and destruction according to the parameters set by the Records Management Program.
• Overtime and work outside of normal business hours may be required.
• May perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Experience/Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years related experience in water or sewer utility facilities, WA PE desired and valid Washington State driver’s license.
Benefits: The District offers a full benefits package to include paid time off (vacation, sick and holidays), full family health insurance paid 100% by the District, State of Washington PERS retirement program, Disability, Life, EAP, HRA VEBA, and tuition assistance.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit online at www.covingtonwater.com a completed District Application with cover letter. We will notify applicants invited to participate in the interview process by phone or email. . This position is open until filled.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer