The City of Greeley is seeking water professionals committed to providing operational excellence in water and sewer utilities for a dynamic, well financed and growth oriented community. Citizens, business, public health and environmental health are impacted by our day to day work, and we strive to achieve community excellence through attention to detail, enthusiasm, resiliency, and aligned principled relationships. Join our team and contribute to these important and invigorating efforts!
As a part of the Water & Sewer Department, you will work with an energetic group of water and wastewater professionals dedicated to serving the City, our citizens, our regional economy and protecting public health. Collaborate with an engineering team committed to the investment in infrastructure that serves our collective future. Develop, support and lead field teams that take great pride in their work. Develop talent, cultivate culture and work with the leadership team to engage staff team that are eager to provide bottom up solutions. Join a leadership team that is committed to achieving excellence, to collaborative process, to talent management, the empowerment of individuals and their teams, and to living relational excellence.
The individual selected for this position will be an integral member of the Water & Sewer's Senior Management Team, reporting to the Water & Sewer Director. The responsibilities will focus on leading, supporting and developing the operations team in all efforts to operate and managing complex water and wastewater systems. The position has oversight of the operation teams that operate and maintain multiple raw water inputs, two large water treatment plants, one advanced wastewater treatment & water reclamation facility, three finished water reservoir sites, and hundreds of miles of large diameter transmission mains, extensive distribution systems serving approximately 120,000 people and a sewerage collection system serving approximately 110,000 customers. Our Operations and maintenance teams are supported with extensive staff, budget, engineering and administrative staff support, and we are seeking leadership that will facilitate building teams, managing budgets, assets and master plans, and that is well positioned to advance operational excellence. Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- High ethics and values and desire to be a part of continuing and enhancing Greeley's leadership role in the Colorado water community;
- Ability to inspire and influence staff to achieve excellence;
- Extensive experience in operation of public works systems and public utility management;
- Strong knowledge of CDPH&E Drinking Water Regulations and NPDES Discharge Permit regulations;
- Experience in the construction of utility systems;
- Experience in establishing objectives for the water & sewer organization and measurement of effectiveness in meeting objectives;
- Experience in budget development to meet defined goals, and a proven ability to track and guide work to conform to budgets;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil / Sanitary Engineering, Construction Management, Organizational Leadership or equivalent; Master's Degree is preferred.
$109,814 to $137,268 Annually Closing Date:
Continuous Learn More/Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/greeley/jobs/2347440/deputy-director-of-water-and-wastewater-operations