The Cross-Connection Control and Backflow Technician is a key member of the Meter Services team who implements and enforces the cross-connection control programs including the Backflow Prevention Program. As the only person in this role, you would be responsible for ensuring that the more than 5,000 backflow devices in the District are inspected and tested annually, and repaired as needed. The full job posing and application can be viewed here.
This job is perfect for you if:
- You have experience in the water industry and are looking to contribute in a more specialized role.
- You know how to test backflow devices, and have your Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester certificate.
- You can work independently to create and execute a work plan to ensure all devices are tested each year.
- You enjoy being outside because you'll spend most of your time in the field, enjoying the scenery of the rolling hills and avocado groves in our area.
- You seek out every opportunity to work overtime because there will be plenty available.
What's in it for you?
Rainbow Municipal Water District offers some of the most competitive pay and benefits in the area, including five health insurance options (some free), District-funded Health Savings Accounts, a CalPERS pension (2.5% at 55 for Classic members), 457b and 401a retirement savings plan matching, five weeks of Paid Time Off (to start), a 9/80 work schedule, comp time, and generous education assistance including student loan repayments.
More importantly, you will get to be part of an amazing team that is dedicated to supporting each other and our customers. In our last employee survey, 100% of respondents said "I am inspired to do my best every day at work," and 96% said they would recommend the District as a good place to work.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Rainbow Municipal Water District provides safe drinking water and wastewater services to agricultural, residential, and commercial customers in our 82-square mile service area that includes the unincorporated communities of Rainbow, Bonsall, and parts of Vista, Oceanside, and Fallbrook.
We make a difference in our community, and you will too.
Reporting to the Meters Services Supervisor, you would perform the majority of the backflow inspections and testing in the District, with backup support from outside contractors and Utility Workers in the Meters Department. Related tasks include:
- Ensuring the District remains in compliance with applicable regulations and standards to ensure backflow devices are working properly and preventing the District's water distribution system from becoming contaminated or polluted.
- Generating related documentation, and communicating with customers in person and in writing as needed.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining electronic records and files related to the location of backflow devices, inspection schedules and results, and test results.
- Repairing backflow devices as needed.
- Conducting property inspections to determine the need for backflow device installation or removal and prepares related reports.
Is this you?
Any combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities required are:
- A High School Diploma is required; an Associate's Degree or Certificate in Water Technology is a plus.
- A Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certificate is required.
- A Cross Connection Control Specialist certification is required within one year.
- A Water Distribution Operator D1 Certificate is required; a D2 is preferred; employee will be required to take the first available D2 Certificate Exam upon hire/transfer/promotion.
- A current Water Treatment Operator T2 Certificate is preferred.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
The full job posing and application can be viewed here.
- 1 year of experience in the water distribution industry is strongly preferred; experience with backflow testing and repair is a big plus.
- Experience with professional, business-related verbal and written communication including reports and correspondence is preferred
Commitment to Excellence:
At Rainbow Municipal Water District we take pride in representing our core values of integrity, responsibility, professionalism, innovation, and teamwork.