The Dublin San Ramon Services District, a special district in the San Francisco Bay Area that provides water, wastewater, and recycled water services, is currently recruiting for a regular, full time Construction Inspector I/II. The full salary range for this position is $7,336 to $9,805 per month with a generous benefit and paid time off package.
Position and Ideal Candidate
Under direct or general supervision of the assigned supervisor, the Construction Inspector I/II performs a variety of routine duties related to field inspections of construction projects on pipelines, pump stations, treatment facilities, and other District capital projects and appurtenances; ensures compliance with District’s standards and specifications; enforces safe work practices at construction sites; and performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate for the Construction Inspector I/II position will have worked in the water, recycled water, or wastewater industry, specifically conducting underground inspections or in a lead role in underground construction. He or she shall have knowledge of pipeline installation and trench safety. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other District construction inspectors, office technicians and engineers; firmly impose District requirements while providing excellent customer service; and adapt to changes in the field. The successful candidate will be a problem solver, a creative thinker, and organized. A background in water construction, underground construction, construction management, or engineering is preferred.
Education and Experience
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade
• One (1) year of experience in engineering or public works construction
• Coursework in algebra, geometry, trigonometry, drafting, or surveying is desirable
Certificates & Licenses
• Possession of a Grade I Water Treatment Operator or a Grade I Water Distribution Operator certification from the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) within two test cycles upon appointment
• Possession of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) Cross-Connection Programs Specialist certification and the American Water Works Association General Backflow Prevention
• Assembly Tester certification is desirable
• Possession of Competent Person Training certificate is required within one (1) year of employment
• Possession of a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiac Care Provider certificate and First Aid certificate is required within one (1) year of employment.
The recruitment schedule has been determined. We advise making note of the following dates on your calendar, as they have been confirmed and cannot be rescheduled.
• December 31, 2018: Application period closes at 5:00pm
• January 9, 2019: Practical exam conducted
• January 16, 2019: Appraisal board interview
Applicants selected to move forward in the schedule will be notified as soon as possible following the application period closure on December 31st.
To apply, complete a District online application and supplemental questionnaire. Resume and cover letter will not be accepted in lieu of the District application form and supplemental questionnaire. For more information and to apply online, please click go to the District website job page at http://www.dsrsd.com/careers/current-openings-and-employment-information.