Certified Pump Operator
California Water Service
California Water Service
The Certified Pump Operator (CPO) operates and maintains well, booster pumps, other production related equipment, and regulates other sources of water supply, either by direct or automatic controls (SCADA), in order to maintain distribution system storage, flow, and pressure levels. Operates and maintains water treatment and purification equipment; operates distribution and treatment valves; collects water samples from source supply, storage, and dedicated sampling locations; conducts field analysis of source and distribution system. This position is located in Marysville, CA.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate wells, booster pumps, and regulate other sources of supply maintaining flows, storage levels, and optimal system pressure.
- Record production data, operational changes, electric use, and utilization of other sources of supply; chemical usage; change charts and maintain chart supplies.
- Complete production reports and related paperwork as necessary.
- Collect water samples for laboratory analysis and for reporting to interdepartmental and outside regulatory agencies.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system failures; notify appropriate personnel when needed for repairs or further diagnostics.
- Operate distribution and treatment valves.
- Perform field analysis of water supply for chlorine content and other required field analysis; for example pH, temperature, and other various regulatory requirements; making appropriate adjustments for proper water treatment calibration to meet water regulatory requirements.
- Operate and perform maintenance and minor repairs to treatment, disinfection, and equipment.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to pumping equipment (such as lube lines, small sample taps, etc.).
- Operational testing and basic inspections of all emergency standby power sources including portable and stationary generators, auxiliary, and portable boosters.
- Perform regular maintenance, inspection, and cleaning of facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $41.89 - $47.09 Deadline to submit resume is Thursday, September 29, 2022.
- A CPO/WSMS must be able to effectively communicate with their supervisor, co-workers, and the public; have the ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures; have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent, a valid California Class C Driver's license, and be insurable under the Company's policy.
- California State Water Distribution Operator II certification is required.
- California State Water Treatment Operator II certification is required.
The Equal Opportunity Policy of the Company is based upon the philosophy that all people should be treated fairly and with dignity. California Water Service, Hawaii Water Service, New Mexico Water Service and Washington Water Service do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other protected class. The Company makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner. EOE, VET, DISABILITIES. To apply, please visit: https://calwatergroup.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CWSG/job/Marysville-CA/Certified-Pump-Operator_R1333 Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency